29/12 - VPS connection issues

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Please see attached message from our hosting company: -

We are aware of intermittent connection issues to the data centre, please see report from our service provider: -

29/12/12 - Ongoing: Intermittent connectivity issues experienced by our customers over the past two and a half days are ongoing. Our engineers have been working on the issue with engineers from our connectivity suppliers for the past 74 hours and continue to do so. A solution was believed to have been achieved at 04:00 this morning but we have seen further short connectivity issues at 05:30, 08:00 and 10:15. Work to resolve this issue is ongoing and we hope to have this resolved once and for all soon. We would like to sincerely apologises for any inconvenience caused by this issue.
PeterLe

I was just about to post to see if others were having issues...thought I was going mad! :D
brianpotter

the server has been down for an hour now in the past just been a few minutes ??
Euler

It's just very intermittent, get a local copy of Bet Angel running and use that until the issues are resolved.
PeterLe

brianpotter wrote:the server has been down for an hour now in the past just been a few minutes ??
Hi
The virtual servers are still running..(well mine are) its just intermittent being able to connect to them...
With there being small gaps between races I tend to leave the auto switching of guardian off and switch them manually..so just thinned the races out and left on auto switching now..

Must admit; the VPS's have been rock solid in the past, so I'm sure they will sort it out
regards
Peter
PeterLe

Euler wrote:It's just very intermittent, get a local copy of Bet Angel running and use that until the issues are resolved.
Peter - Could be dangerous that..?

If the Betangel instance is still running on the VPS and you start another copy locally, you could get hit by big data charges??

(I know it seems obvious, but someone might just take that literally and forget to shut down the instance on the VPS..before starting up a new instance)..
Last edited by PeterLe on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

Yes, but better than having an open position!
Euler

29/12/12 - 14:38. We're currently reconfiguring one of our core switches to try and work around the problem. This has necessitated several reboots of the switch which will have led to outages of around ten minutes at a time for customers connected via this switch.

We don't currently have an ETA for resolution as much will depend on how the switch behaves under the new configuration.
Euler

29/12/12 - 15:05 The last set of changes applied have stabilised the network and connectivity levels appear back to normal. However due to the intermittent nature of the fault we don't yet know if the issue is completely resolved as of yet.

We are continuing to monitor the situation closely.
Euler

I haven't seen any issues since the last update, but please let me know if you see anything new.
PeterLe

Anyone having issues in the last 5 mins or so??
Think we may have connection issues ?
PeterLe

Actually - I dont think it is a connection problem..is betfair down?

Edit : Just seen the other posts..
Think we'll go for a walk in the park! :)

Return to “Announcements”