Betfair Exchange Italy and Bet Angel - Question

We will update this with things that we think you should know.
Anka

Hello all

Maybe it's a silly question but...
If Betfair Exchange starts operations in Italy, Bet Angel can be used here? I think Italy will be a good market for this product. :roll:

Thanks in advance.
Anka

Nobody, no one knows?
Anka

Please considered closed this thread. I will reopen this thread in the right place (I think).
corbus

Bet Angel is just a piece of software that has no restrictions to its use whatsoever, Betfair is cashing in money and therefore is subject to taxation rules of those countries where it operates.
corbus

so for example Betfair is illegal in Italy, in USA and a few other countries, and since Bet Angel is only useful with Betfair, it wouldn't be much use to you if you live in those countries...
Euler

Anka wrote:Hello all

Maybe it's a silly question but...
If Betfair Exchange starts operations in Italy, Bet Angel can be used here? I think Italy will be a good market for this product. :roll:

Thanks in advance.
I'm aware the legislation has changed in Italy but I'm not sure Betfair have caught up on the API side at the moment.
giulio2010

corbus wrote:so for example Betfair is illegal in Italy, in USA and a few other countries, and since Bet Angel is only useful with Betfair, it wouldn't be much use to you if you live in those countries...
Betfair is not illegal in Italy and in most of european countrys. When you obtained a license within europe, your company, according to some european rules, could operate in every countrys in the eurozone. If I get cought selling betfair odds in Italy and taken to court I will win the case 10 times out 10, if some stupid judges will find me guilty, I will then win on the appeal. I will not go to prison 100% guaranteed. It is some european governaments that force obstructionism to betfair but,it's not illegal.
P.s. I dont about France laws though
I know I can trade from Italy, Holland ( i tryed) and Germany without problems as long you have a foreign account.
indycar

This is what i have heard

When the Italy exchange goes live, all the markets on it will be available on the UK exchange as well, using your UK wallet.(unlike the Aussie one)

That seems to suggest it will be available through the API as well.

But i don't know if the reverse is true though.
Anka

I apologize for the delay. Thanks everyone.

Return to “Announcements”