A useful football strategy

Help, advice and trading in technicolour
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fo0VuJeZ8

For these cold winter days without any horse racing.
LeTiss

Good video Peter, but what do you do when an early goal blows 2 of your 3 bets out of the window?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I can't answer that, it all depends who scores first and what you expect to happen over the rest of the match. If you expect either team to score less than three there is a whole host of room still above you.
BBB123

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Good video Peter, but what do you do when an early goal blows 2 of your 3 bets out of the window?
Hi LeTiss,

Well with an early goal you might just be able to trade out at around scratch or with a small loss depending which team score.
I personally think to get an edge you need to analyse the game beforehand & trade in combination with that view.So the strategy in the video is a way of trading a predicted low score game,but if you predict a high scoring game between equally matched teams maybe you can dutch say 1-1,2-1,1-2.If and when the 1st goal goes in (hopefully in the 1st half) you can start trading out some or all of your bets depending on how brave you are.The only thing I would say is that you need to have a stop loss as we all know how unpredictable it can be (Man U v Leeds).
The other thing of course is that your dutch doesn't have to go in pre-kick off.The 1st 10-15 mins of a game can be very cagey so if in the above example it is still 0-0 after 15 mins you can launch your bets then,at better odds.I think average 1st goal is around 37 mins but varies a bit per division etc.

Anyway just thinking out loud really,food for thought.

Ben

PS For pre-match analyis I use Soccerstats (12 criteria)
chrishorne

Hi Ben,
What 12 criteria do you mean?
Thanks Chris
rpadrela

I can't see how can you leave with a scratch trade if there's an early goal.

I completely fail to see any edge behind this strategy... :roll:
lockhud

I also fail to see the edge in that you are chasing about if an early goal goes in and therefore it goes back to gambling rather than trading?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Ask yourself the folloing question.

If you back 0-0 the price on 0-0 moves in immediately the match is underway, but horror a goal is scored and you lose your bet before you traded out. How would you hedge this situation?
lockhud

I'm totally new to sports trading so I have no clue any advice would be great!
mister man

no chance of getting out anywhere near even if an early goal is scored, and youve not layed any off yet..if youve bet 0-0 0-1, 1-0...

unless you have dutched higher scores too, if not you now will have lower odds on the higher scores and be trying to make up the cash on the two lost bets, thus increasing your risk.

so potential green can only be as high if potential red is increased, unless of course you want to pray it stays 1-0/0-1 for the next 70 to 80 mins..
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I sampled that last 100 or so matches this morning from our database, 114 to be precise.

11 matches had a first goal time of less than 10 mins or 10% roughly of matches.

If we exclude matches that where we expect more goals to occur we cut our field of opporunity to 60 matches. But in those 60 matches, 95% of them had a goal later than 10 minutes.
lockhud

can you explain your earlier post though with regards to a whole host of room still above you if an earlier goal goes in?

Return to “Betfair trading videos - For current videos visit www.betangel.tv”