Screen recording guide - How I do it...

Help, advice and trading in technicolour
scesc

Very well written guide Tom, thanks. I'd already used ActivePresenter to record individual races while trading, but your method of automating a whole days recording is a good one.

A couple of questions for you or anyone else.

1. I've never found where I set the Ladder as the default display when switching markets. Mine always displays the one-click screen, and I then manually select the Ladder. Where is this setting in Bet Angel ?

2. Is there a way to automatically have the ladders sorted in ascending price ? When I display the ladder screen, I always just click the little 123 icon to sort them.

Thanks
Trader_Tom

Cheers mate =]

For your first question, when recording it's best to "un-dock" the ladder from the main screen. You use the little arrow in the right hand corner of the ladder screen to do this (little white arrow in a blue box). This way when the markets automatically cycle it will show up on the un-docked ladder. You can just minimise the main screen and leave the ladder up that way. I'd suggest changing your staking settings to "compressed 2" as well to give you as much view of the ladder as possible.

Second question is one for someone else I'm afraid! I've wanted to do this myself but I've not seen how just yet, I'm going to take a look myself now though as it would be handy.

All the best,

Tom
Trader_Tom

I didn't see it first time around but you can set up a shortcut key to reorder the ladder by ascending price. You'd have to set this shortcut key up and then add it to the auto hot key script to make it work. The only downside is that you couldn't have it automatically re order them when the market opens so you might find the market will re order the ladders when it centres them too. Not too much a problem but might get a little confusing if you take your eyes off the screen for a short while.
Bluesky

cricket wrote:Great, i'm looking for a free software. I used some screen recording applications but all of them are paid version. I think it's not worth my money.
Thank you again.
If all your want to do is record and watch your own trading then the free version is fine. If you want it for presentations (power point etc.) then you will need the paid for version.
Geordie

scesc wrote:2. Is there a way to automatically have the ladders sorted in ascending price ? When I display the ladder screen, I always just click the little 123 icon to sort them.
I think you may be able to do this via automation, Scesc.
scesc

Trader_Tom wrote:Cheers mate =]

For your first question, when recording it's best to "un-dock" the ladder from the main screen. You use the little arrow in the right hand corner of the ladder screen to do this (little white arrow in a blue box). This way when the markets automatically cycle it will show up on the un-docked ladder. You can just minimise the main screen and leave the ladder up that way. I'd suggest changing your staking settings to "compressed 2" as well to give you as much view of the ladder as possible.

Tom
Thanks for the tip. Didn't realise that's how this worked.
Ginger8585

Bluesky wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:08 am
cricket wrote:Great, i'm looking for a free software. I used some screen recording applications but all of them are paid version. I think it's not worth my money.
Thank you again.
If all your want to do is record and watch your own trading then the free version is fine. If you want it for presentations (power point etc.) then you will need the paid for version.

If you have windows 10 you can use the Xbox application which has a screen capture function. It will only record for 2 hours at a time. However, you can set shortcut keys to start recording etc. I'm sure you could set up hot keys to work with this too....

https://betanews.com/2015/07/19/windows ... ding-tool/
Galilee66

Thanks for your great effort Tom. I am trying to teach my son to trade - but he lives in Perth and I live in Melbourne - so I would like to be able to email him some videos of my trading to show him what to do - and, of course, what to avoid!! Will the software you recommend allow me to email the video I have recorded - and if so, what is the best format - MP4 or WAV?
I have done a trial recording session and the picture quality is amazingly good - be careful though, as the audio is very clear too - so watch what you say if others are going to view the video.

Thanks again

Galilee66
Galilee66

Sorry - I meant WMV not WAV.
G66
Trader_Tom

The best way to share your videos I've found is using Dropbox. You can upload it and send your son a link to view/download the video. Downloading is preferable though as quality can be a bit garbage otherwise.

Happy trading!

Tom
Galilee66

Thanbks very much for that Tom - I'll give that a try.

cheers
G66
inmeclf

Thank you for this very useful guide.

I am struggling to find the zoom to fit timeline tab.

Any assistance much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Return to “Betfair trading videos - For current videos visit www.betangel.tv”