New Trading Videos on Youtube

Help, advice and trading in technicolour
hgodden

I've made some videos of my trading. I did send them to the Betangel guys who had said they would host them for me, but as they haven't got back to me I decided to put them up myself. If anyone's interested you can find them at the address below :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/0nehandclapping
rhysmr2

Some good trades there. why the strange stake amounts? like £177 and £333?
hgodden

Thanks. My stake size isn't due to any scientific forumla I'm afraid, for me it's just best not to stick out too much as a trader, so IMO 199 is better than 200, though I wouldn't have thought it makes that much of a difference

I meant to say earlier I have some more I haven't upload yet so I'll put up in the next couple of days
ndarlington

Some great trades there. Can you tell me what was telling you the market was going to climb and continue to rocket up on the Aug 14 video, for example?

Did it have anything to do with the actual type of race, or the movement of the other horses, or was it purely on WOM and the other graph?

Cheers!
hgodden

ndarlington wrote:Some great trades there. Can you tell me what was telling you the market was going to climb and continue to rocket up on the Aug 14 video, for example?

Did it have anything to do with the actual type of race, or the movement of the other horses, or was it purely on WOM and the other graph?

Cheers!
You can see the large amount trying to get matched on the lay side, then getting cancelled as a disguise. It looks pretty obvious to me that that money was real and was desperate to get matched. At the same time there wasn't much resistance to soak it up. That was from two years ago though, I watch it now and think how much more I could have got out of that one, but to be honest that was just a very straightforward trade. I wouldn't be surprised if the horse wasn't sweating or playing up at the time, it's not normal to see £1000s being thrown in on the lay side like that. If you know the money is real then follow it. WOM is still the strongest short term indicator there is to price movement, the only trick is knowing what actually is real money wanting to be matched and what isn't.
rhysmr2

hgodden wrote:Thanks. My stake size isn't due to any scientific forumla I'm afraid, for me it's just best not to stick out too much as a trader, so IMO 199 is better than 200, though I wouldn't have thought it makes that much of a difference

I meant to say earlier I have some more I haven't upload yet so I'll put up in the next couple of days
Oh I see, interesting, When I first started trading a few years back I used stakes like £111 £222 and so on but this was because the person who got me into it used stakes like that, The reason he did it is because he used to use the betfair website rather then a platform! so he said it was quicker to type £333 then £300, this guy was Adam heathcote standard so I listened and copied until I got betangel and rounded my stakes off.

I thought maybe you have been a long time trader and used stakes from when you used the betfair website to trade? how long have you been trading out of interest Hgodden?
hgodden

I've been trading roughly 3 and a half years, 2 of which 'professionally'. Interesting that your mate is Adam Heathcote standard, probably most of the really top guys (I'd love to know how many there are out there) have been around for a long long time in order to learn enough to make those kind of figures
ndarlington

hgodden wrote:
ndarlington wrote:Some great trades there. Can you tell me what was telling you the market was going to climb and continue to rocket up on the Aug 14 video, for example?

Cheers!
You can see the large amount trying to get matched on the lay side, then getting cancelled as a disguise. It looks pretty obvious to me that that money was real and was desperate to get matched. At the same time there wasn't much resistance to soak it up. That was from two years ago though, I watch it now and think how much more I could have got out of that one, but to be honest that was just a very straightforward trade. I wouldn't be surprised if the horse wasn't sweating or playing up at the time, it's not normal to see £1000s being thrown in on the lay side like that. If you know the money is real then follow it. WOM is still the strongest short term indicator there is to price movement, the only trick is knowing what actually is real money wanting to be matched and what isn't.

That's really interesting regarding the 'money in disguise', and the fact that you have to work out the real money and follow that. I keep reading about so many other indicators but obviously the majority of success comes from watching and analysing the money on either side.

I'm absolutely desperate to learn this and make this a success!

Cheers for the great advice!
ndarlington

Keep the vids coming! :)
to75ne

hgodden if you dont mind me asking, as these vids are quite old, do you use any of the advance charts these days? i can find no use for them at all apart from line last traded price, which i find to be handy inconjuction with the traffic lights on the ladder in a slow sideways market. other than that, they look nice but just a distraction from the chart on the enhanced ladder, which in my opinion/experience is much better.
i did ask this on the webenair but, mr webb ran out of time.
to75ne

very sorry the first two are very recent, how stupid of me. all the same, do you have real use for the advanced charts? cheers.
hgodden

to75ne wrote:very sorry the first two are very recent, how stupid of me. all the same, do you have real use for the advanced charts? cheers.
Personally I don't make much use of the advanced charting, certainly not candlesticks etc. The whole technical analysis thing isn't really my game and I'm not sure how much can be applied to the racing markets. Certainly knowing resistance points is useful and looking for breakouts makes sense. But personally I can't see the point of say looking for 'head and shoulders' patterns in the racing markets, as the way the volume arrives makes them so different from financial markets. I'm not saying these things definately are not useful, just that I'm not using them to any great effect. I think that to get the most out of the advanced charting you probably need to find your own unique custom set ups and your own unique strategies to go with them. Something I will definately be doing in the future is creating my own graphs in excel and viewing them live on another screen, the betfair graphs timing is very inaccurate, so viewing things differently could certainly give an edge and let you see things in a different way.

I remember on one of Peter's blogs a while ago he mentioned that someone had made a ladder upside down to give a different view of things. To me this makes a great deal of sense - as humans living in a world governed by the laws of gravity we always expect things to go downwards. Often when I'm trading I am half waiting for the price to steam in as if it is the natural thing to do. Sometimes when it starts moving up the ladder I look at it as if there is something wrong with it and that it is somehow defying the laws of nature!

Anyway I've uploaded a couple more videos to my youtube page :D
to75ne

hgodden wrote:
to75ne wrote:very sorry the first two are very recent, how stupid of me. all the same, do you have real use for the advanced charts? cheers.
Personally I don't make much use of the advanced charting, certainly not candlesticks etc.
to75ne

to75ne wrote:
hgodden wrote:
Personally I don't make much use of the advanced charting, certainly not candlesticks etc.
sorry the above is a mistake. i have not got used to QUOTE thing, not very good at this.

hgodden thanks for the reply. i agree with you on the
candle sticks etc and likewise i do not dismiss tech analysis.

when time permits i intend to look more into a "better" last traded price graph,using excel.

your vids are very good. i think that mr webb should stick em on betangel tv especially wed3 one. i think it will be very helpful to less experienced people who may be intimidated by very stable markets with large sums on boths sides. all your vids demonstrate scratch trades very well, no panic, no hesitation, straight out. no nonsense.

regards tony
hgodden

Thanks Tony, personally its the jumpy, volatile markets that scare me, certainly not the static ones! Funny how we're all different. The rest of the vids are uploaded now, shame youtube takes so long to process them or I'd stick some more up today

Return to “Betfair trading videos - For current videos visit www.betangel.tv”