What videos would you like to see?

Help, advice and trading in technicolour
Iron

I think a video on how to interpret weight of money would be useful, given that it's fundamental to successful trading.

Jeff
Quinny

No you are completely and utterly wrong. It is NOT fundamental to successful trading. Your beliefs are truly screwed up if this is what you believe. I can still trade profitably on a race by race basis using only the exchange interface. And my girlfriend never uses WOM.

You have a very limiting belief here, this is a common barrier to understanding pre race trading. As a therapist and research psychologist I found this to be common in people who crave acceptance and cannot stand against the crowd which naturally is counter productive to profitable betting and obviously sporting excellence.

It is very likely that if this is you then you are never going to be the right profile to trade profitably long term.

I have said this before on here that most of us know enough about how the markets work to break even. That is simplicity itself - statistically speaking. But all losers have one denominator... They are usually too conceited to learn about their trading/mindset weaknesses. They think the golden goose is some unspoken secret. It isn't. It is in understanding which part of our ego needs massaging and which needs discipline.

I no longer stay around to read replies to my posts because my ego has ceased to need approval, though it once did.

I care not a single jot what anyone thinks of my comments or if Peter bans me from the forum but I do know that for the odd one or two that simply need an aha! moment to turn the corner, they may well find it in
this and my previous input.

Lets face it, if most weren't ignorant to how this game works the few couldn't thrive off the many. And the many stay there usually so they can be right.
Iron

Quinny wrote:No you are completely and utterly wrong. [Weight of money] is NOT fundamental to successful trading. Your beliefs are truly screwed up if this is what you believe. I can still trade profitably on a race by race basis using only the exchange interface. And my girlfriend never uses WOM.
Hi Quinny

Just on the off chance you read this, thank you for your frank feedback. :)

I find your comments about WOM curious, however, given that you've previously written 'If you are not looking at WOM while trading, thank you. VERY much'.

Why are you thanking people who don't use WOM (presumably for ceding profits to you), if WOM isn't fundamental to successful trading?

Jeff
RafterP

WOM is just one of the many indicators you should be keeping an eye on while trading. Its more important in some races than others but to completely ignore it is wrong in my opinion.
Quinny wrote:No you are completely and utterly wrong.
I think its a bit unfair to tell a trader that what they're doing is completely and utterly wrong when it comes to using WOM. I dont think there are many succesful traders who dont pay attention to it at some point.

The really succesful traders use WOM and all the other indicators together and its best to try and understand each one of them and what effect they have on each other.
Innertube

Don't feed the troll
Equity

Ferru123 wrote:I think a video on how to interpret weight of money would be useful, given that it's fundamental to successful trading.

Jeff
Jeff how comes you have over 2800 posts on this forum and you now need a video about WOM?
CaerMyrddin

There is no relationship between posting and trading ;)
Iron

How about a few videos of beginners trading, warts and all, with detailed commentary by Peter?

That might help other traders who are starting out see where they are going wrong.

Jeff
Bet Angel wrote: We are interested in what you are interested in seeing, what you find useful and what you do not.
papituxp

A video with the differents between offset bet with greaning, offset bet and stop..... In teory i know the difference but in practice i dont know very well.

Return to “Betfair trading videos - For current videos visit www.betangel.tv”