Downloading Odds For Upcoming Races

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
boilberg

Hi Everyone,

Im after some help! Does anyone know of a website or way to source tomorrows odds for all horse races in the UK? Ideally i just want to download a csv file which states race venue, time, horse and current odds by bookmaker. I realise that these odds change dramatically - but im only interested in the odds there and then (so off a site like oddschecker). I want to feed these 'current' odds into a system of mine that compares them to my calculated odds - so i can see whats going on!!

Apologies if this has been posted before!! Im a newbie!!

Thanks

Ben
spreadbetting

You'll probably have to write your own screen scraper, or get someone else to, I'd be surprised if there's a site out there providing the odds in csv format for you.

Think it'll be a problem finding any booky that even gives out reliable odds the day before, most just wait til the morning and even then will take very little. The night before you're probaby limited to forecast odds which are usually well out of line.

At the end of the day your best bet is probably scraping the oddchecker site as you're only looking for one off scrapes and they'll have done most of the work for you already, plus it's an easy enough site to scrape into csv etc if you know a little programing.
boilberg

Thanks for the response! Ive just started to research scraping as i think that's the solution by the sounds of it.

Thanks again!!

Ben

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”