What does it mean to say 'specifications'??

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
Rhino.G

I am talking to a freelancer about assisting me with creating a BetAngel system.

He wants 'specifications', but I don't really know what 'specifications' are in terms of betangel.

Can somebody please shed some light on this for me, or show me an example of 'specifications' in another system?
marksmeets302

it means you tell him what the application should do, under what circumstances, in a very precise manner.
PeterLe

I think precise is the key word.
To give you an idea, I wrote a 5 page word doc explaining EXACTLY what I wanted. You have to be very specific. You will get what you asked for (not what you thought in your head!)
Its worth spending a couple of hours writing it out. If nothing else, it will help clarify things in your own mind too. (I use screen shots too as a picture can sometimes explain it with more clarity).
Other points.
- Think about how the system may expand in the future and try and plan for that at the time the system is being created
- Ask the developer if he has his own account/certificate/API Key (if direct API is the requirement) and of course password.
Regards
Peter

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”