Excel Formula forin play trading, Help Please.

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
Willygubbins

Hi Guys, I although i have been using bet angel for some time, for trading and using the automation functions the time has come for me to start "trying" to use spreadsheets as the automation function is now unable to achieve what i want it to.
Unfortunately i am a complete virgin when it comes to spreadsheet form more complicated than adding cells together or at a push calculating a percentage.
What i would is a formula that places a back bet for £10 taking the SP price of a horse, then places a lay at 50% of SP odds for £10 then places a lay at 25% of SP odds for £7.50.
Thanks
workpeter

I would tackle this by writing a function which inputs the SP and outputs the 50% or 25% odds.
Finding the % is easy math but then you will probably need to use roundup/rounddown to round the odd to a valid odd.
Depending on which range the odd falls within should be your conditional statement to determine the rounding factor.
Willygubbins

Thanks for your response work peter, so how would i start to enter this on a spreadsheet, how do i place the intial back bet at SP?, then i assume it would be single lines of lay bets referencing the odds cell for the original SP beck bet? and how would I implement the rounding you mentioned?
workpeter

I would start by learning how to connect and place simple orders via excel. Check out BA channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF0UQm- ... 48EDF522F6

Assuming SP refers to the back odds when the race goes in-play. In which case you write VBA code to submit the BACK odds as soon as you detect 'in-play' appear in the spreadsheet.
That's quite simple, with very basic VBA knowledge and after watching the videos.

Once the BACK order has been placed, you clear the fields then you can submit your LAY order/s.

Because your LAY order odds are defined by your 50% /25% rule, you will have to use some math in VBA to get those odds before you can submit them. Google is amazing for excel/VBA tips and you will find info on roundup/rounddown.
nigelk

An easier approach would be to get a complete list of betfair prices and work out the percentages of each price (as shown in the sample in col A)

Say you back at 10.0, 75% would give an offset lay bet of 7.60 and 50% gives 5.0 (example formulas shown)

Similarly, backing at 3.25 gives 2.44 and 1.63 (example formulas shown)

As you do not intend to scalp, the vlookup formula is perfectly adequate for what you require.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willygubbins

THanks for the formula Nigelk, How would i make these into a usable formula to automate as bets on the bet angle spread sheets? It looks to me that you can only place orders on the bet line directly inline with a selection, is this the case? if so does this mean i have to use one massive formula? do i need to do this on a seperate sheet? I don't want to have to do any thing one the formula has been input as the purpose is to automate the proceedure.
nigelk

There are several ways.

On the Bet Angel sheet there are formulas on each row.

On sheet 2 you can enter the name of the runner in B4 and the prices will change to match your selection.

Whichever suits you best.

Cheers,Nigel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willygubbins

Hi Nigel

Thats brilliant, Thank you, how would i place the 3 bets at the same time? i under stand referencing the countdown cell but i mean actually place the back and 2 lay bets.
nigelk

Have a look at the you-tube videos for a step by step guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyP7GnwK-z8

Cheers,Nigel.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”