Status - End of Race

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
Cardano

Hi!

I am currently testing an in-play horse racing strategy using the Bet Angel spreadsheet
Could someone please advise if there is a 'status' that tells you when the race has finished.

Thanks, ;)
CallumPerry

Market is suspended, but a market can suspend for a number of reasons (there's a flash between pre race and in-play) so you need to be careful about how you trigger time commands. Give it a few seconds at the beginning of the race.

Also you need to close all your trades before the race is over so if you're waiting for the market to suspend you may be left with some open trades (gambles) unless this is what your system calls for; just some food for thought. To answer your question though, 'Market suspended' shows in one of the cells on the spreadsheet at the top. G1 or H1 I think, just hook up your spreadsheet and watch that area.
Cardano

Thanks for your suggestions Callum.
Because 'Suspended' status (cell H1) can occur for different reasons then it wouldn't be suitable to use as a 'Race Over' signal to be used for in-play bets/trades which is what I require.

Have you any further suggestions for what to use as a signal to close bets/trades in-play just before the race is over.
Any advice much appreciated ;)
CallumPerry

I'm not really an IP trader but maybe google average run times per each kind of race (i.e. average per furlong?) and come up with an equation to work out how much time you feel would be safe in each market. Experiment with this equation, test it in practise mode and see what happens. Others may have better ideas on how to achieve this.

Alternatively, go semi-automated and make a BIG BUTTON with a macro that triggers a 'get my money the hell out of there' command and watch the races live or just watch the markets until you feel it is time to get out and then press it.

That's the brilliant thing with spreadsheets, you can do so much.
ShaunWhite

If you check for a suspend status and the shortest price is sub 1.02 that would catch most of them.

Why do you need to know?
Jukebox

Watch out too for those times when the race is suspended at the 'end' and then quickly reopened for the photo finish decision.
Euler

In_Play & Suspended and In-play time greater than 30 is what I use.
LinusP

Euler wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:05 am
In_Play & Suspended and In-play time greater than 30 is what I use.
+1, thats what I use, note the 30s is to prevent triggering / missing restarts (more common in jumps)

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”