Backing horses individually in-running

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
izzybizzy

Hi,
I am new to using Bet Angel so if anyone could give me some help I'd appreciate it.
I've been working on a strategy where I lay most selections in a horse race pre-off with the view to back each one individually in-running if the price shortens to limit the liability. I have seen the option where I can set a trigger to back/lay if the price hits a certain point which is ideal but I would like to set this up for each horse individually as the prices vary, if this is possible. I have read a little about using the spreadsheets as I feel this is the way to do this but I am a complete novice and need some help please.
If anyone could help me with this I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Alpha322

As a pre trade and in play trader, your in play strategy sounds to risky, inplay is about entry and getting out at the (pivot point of the race) there will be to much price activity going on to do what you plan, its hard enough doing it with 1 yet alone say 10

Good Luck
jgca

Hello,

I am trying to do something similar, except to do all my bets in running....here is a hypethetical situation just to illustrate the point;

is it possible to combine a series of triggers in the same race using the spreadsheet?

assuming the fav sp is > 3.8...
during race if horse#1 reaches 3.4
then place a bet of 10 @ 3.0 on horse#1 only, excluding all other horses in the race from the 3.4 trigger bet

next
if any other horse [excluding horse#1] reaches 2.8
then place bet of 10 @ 2.5 on that horse [whichever one reaches 2.8 first, but it cannot be horse#1]

and say repeat the same at 2.2 for any other horse excluding those bet earlier, and place this bet @ 1.9

is this kind of thing doable in betangel spreadsheet...

if yes, would it be possible to get some example excel code to tweak/customise, etc to try out?

jgca
sweetybt

As many wise voices here have stated on numerous occasions letting bets go in-running under any circumstances is a "beam me up scotty moment to the poor house".

Anyone who suggests anything to the contrary has their pants on fire.

Hope this helps
jgca

Thanks for the reply,

what is the biggest risk to in running betting?

jgca

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”