Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets : Martingale Revisited

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
Derek27

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:13 pm

grindhog wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:53 pm
Hi Martin27
I can assure you I have a winning strategy that works with martingale. I am sorry if I gave the impression I was going to disclose it.
Never intended to !. What I can upload is my template that uses Martingale but on a losing strategy. It should at least improve the losing strategy.At some time in the evening you shall see it uploaded.
That was me speaking too soon as usual.
Who's Martin27? Isn't he the guy who uses the Derekingale?

I wasn't asking you to disclose your strategy. I was asking you to disclose whatever it was that you said you would disclose. Do you even bother reading posts on this forum? I already gave you conclusive mathematical proof that the Martingale makes a losing system lose even more. You're wasting your time trying to prove the opposite as it's very simple and basic maths.

grindhog

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Your right MemphisFlash he's a stubborn B....X and I hope he loses it :D . Never liked him :D
STUCKINAGALE

Derek27

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:52 pm

grindhog wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 pm
Your right MemphisFlash he's a stubborn B....X and I hope he loses it :D . Never liked him :D
STUCKINAGALE
Bad day?

ShaunWhite

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:55 pm

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:34 pm
let him do it. over time he will lose money, hopefully to me then i will thank himpersonally for using Martigale.
He has had all the advice and still doesn't want to listen. Time to fleece him of his money.
So how do you plan to do that then? You can go broke with a martingale even taking value bets.

LeTiss

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:31 pm

I first joined this forum over 10 years ago, and people are still talking about this shit

Don't chase losers, trade better

grindhog

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi Shaun,
Im not sure how its come to this but I suppose I have Blind spots.
There is one way to settle and end the anger and resentment about my views on "Martingale" I would be prepared to send my sheet to an independent arbitrator "Peter" and let him decide on whether Martingale worked or not. I would have to trust that he not reveal my strategy.
If i see the thing working on a yearly back-test why should I not be stubborn about it.
If Peter is not interested which I suspect he might not be then thats the end of it and we all agree to disagree and respect each other.

Grindhog
( I sent STUCKINAGALE on holidays to Brazil :D )

jamesg46

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:38 pm

grindhog wrote:
Hi Shaun,
There is one way to settle and end the anger and resentment about my views on "Martingale" I would be prepared to send my sheet to an independent arbitrator "Peter" and let him decide on whether Martingale worked or not. I would have to trust that he not reveal my strategy.
If i see the thing working on a yearly back-test why should I not be stubborn about it.
If Peter is not interested which I suspect he might not be then thats the end of it and we all agree to disagree and respect each other.

Grindhog
:lol: :lol: take two fingers and pinch yourself!

grindhog

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:06 pm

Thanks Jamesg46 That worked! I think!
What was supposed to happen.Anyway? I did not smell any roses?

jamesg46

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:15 pm

grindhog wrote:
Hi Shaun,

Grindhog
On a side note about "Respect each other" I'm sure we all do respect each other (to a certain extent) we all seem to have very different social views though when it comes to the way we perceive what's wrong or right, you only need to look at the Covid thread to see that.... one thing is a certain though, when experienced people give advice to those that are experimenting with ideas, it's not because they're trying to steal their new & upcoming Martingale Strategy, its because they're genuinely trying to stop people from losing a tonne of money.

Some see it as advice & some see it as a battle to prove themselves. Most of these guys giving you advice on this forum have been through every market battle possible and can show the scars to prove it, Martingale being one of them... if you're not listening then that's your loss, the advice has been given, you choose what to do with it, as for your strategy, nobody really gives a shit,.they just wanted to slap you around the face with it until you realised it doent work.

grindhog

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Very Fairly put and I will take it on board. Enough of Martingale. Im done with discussing it and there was an element of wanting to be proved right which i regret. Its probably best not for me not to be involved in the site anymore except for browsing. I might have to start up my own club of 1. :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”

• Information