Automated Racing naps & tips from newspapers

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
nigelk

I've put together a spreadsheet that lists the newspapers daily naps ( 52 tipsters in all, ranging from the Raing Post to the Shropshire Star).

It might give some guidance as to how competitive a race is going to be.For example in the 15:35 at Newbury, no less than 12 different horses are napped.
4 tipsters going for Salden Licht, 5 for Walkon, with the other 10 having 1 or 2 naps.

Don't forget as it's a naps table, not every race is listed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dobbin

Cheers

You may get an Idea from here too

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Naps_Table/
PeterLe

thanks Nigel,

I've often wondered how tips affect the prices the nearer we get to the off..So i will monitor it over the next few days...

Incidentally, there is a horse running today 14:20 at Catterick (Bettys Run) that has been napped and is showing at 1000/1..? Still seems to be a runner, maybe worth a punt!?
Iron

Hi Nigel

It would also be interesting to know how tips affect price movements.

For example, if a horse is tipped in the Sun and the Mirror, I wonder if it's more likely to steam.

Has anyone done any research into this?

Jeff
nigelk wrote:I've put together a spreadsheet that lists the newspapers daily naps ( 52 tipsters in all, ranging from the Raing Post to the Shropshire Star).

It might give some guidance as to how competitive a race is going to be.For example in the 15:35 at Newbury, no less than 12 different horses are napped.
4 tipsters going for Salden Licht, 5 for Walkon, with the other 10 having 1 or 2 naps.

Don't forget as it's a naps table, not every race is listed.
Dobbin

Hi Folks

I use Sporting Life Naps Table with a little twist to select the best

Most Tipped today.

Catterick 14:20 Mac Aeda 6
Plumpton 16:00 Keki Buku 3

Others
Plumpton 14:00 Pepite Rose 2
Wolves 14:10 Steel City Boy 2
Plumpton 14:30 Alderluck 2
Plumpton 15:00 Remember Now 2
Catterick 15:20 Chamirey 2
Catterick 16:20 Double Vodka 2
Wolves 17:10 Lexi's Boy 2

Dobbin
Iron

The one thing that this horse seems to have going for it is that it's being ridden by a jockey (Tom Siddall) who's possibly skilled at getting a good ride out of a bad horse. In January, he came second with a 50/1 horse and with a 150/1 horse. So perhaps the trainers have booked him today because they see potential in the horse.

But it's a bit speculative for my liking, so I'll be steering clear! :)

Jeff
PeterLe wrote:
Incidentally, there is a horse running today 14:20 at Catterick (Bettys Run) that has been napped and is showing at 1000/1..? Still seems to be a runner, maybe worth a punt!?
Iron

Hi Dobbin

Do you find that heavily tipped horses offer good value?

I once knew a guy who claimed to make fantastic profits from backing horses which had been highly rated by a wide variety of sources, eg Massey's ratings, various tipsters, At The Races, etc. I can see the logic - that the more experts agree on something, the more likely it is to be true. But equally, a heavily tipped horse is likely to also be heavily backed, possibly removing the value. So I'm unsure how profitable an approach it is.

Jeff
Dobbin wrote:Hi Folks

I use Sporting Life Naps Table with a little twist to select the best

Most Tipped today.

Catterick 14:20 Mac Aeda 6
Plumpton 16:00 Keki Buku 3

Others
Plumpton 14:00 Pepite Rose 2
Wolves 14:10 Steel City Boy 2
Plumpton 14:30 Alderluck 2
Plumpton 15:00 Remember Now 2
Catterick 15:20 Chamirey 2
Catterick 16:20 Double Vodka 2
Wolves 17:10 Lexi's Boy 2

Dobbin
Dobbin

Hi

It depends on what kind of races you look at and whether you appy any other criteria

Dobbin
nigelk

I would think that a lot of 'naps' have would have no effect on a horses price, (dependent on which newspaper it is.)

The Sun, RacingPost, Daily Mirror, Star, etc etc are nationwide newspapers and read by millions of punters. There are others, such as the Shropshire Star are probably only read by a few thousand.

I would look out for races where a lot of major newspaper tipsters go for the same horse as a guideline as to whether or not it's going to steam?
oddstrader

gentlemen - if it was only this easy , i and many others before you would now be multi millionaires. :roll:
PeterLe

Ha ha! Yes this time next year Rodney, we'll all be millionaires !
Suspect you're right somehow! :)
Dobbin

Exactly :lol:

There is no quick fix

As we all know there is more than one way to skin a cat.

The trick is to make sure that you are not The Cat :D
oddstrader

Dobbin wrote:Exactly :lol:

There is no quick fix

As we all know there is more than one way to skin a cat.

The trick is to make sure that you are not The Cat :D
wise words
PeterLe

PeterLe wrote:thanks Nigel,

I've often wondered how tips affect the prices the nearer we get to the off..So i will monitor it over the next few days...

Hi
..Was just thinking about this horse I mentioned this morning...
Well ~£300 has been matched at 1000..(£2 of it mine!)
If I was to submit a lay bet for £2 and select take SP...what do you think it would be matched at?? (I expect a 1000, but what do you think??)
oddstrader

PeterLe wrote:
PeterLe wrote:thanks Nigel,

Hi
..Was just thinking about this horse I mentioned this morning...
Well ~£300 has been matched at 1000..(£2 of it mine!)
If I was to submit a lay bet for £2 and select take SP...what do you think it would be matched at?? (I expect a 1000, but what do you think??)
hi peter , waht was the outcome ?

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”