Todays Runners With Steamers

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
nigelk

Attached spreadsheet that gives a list of all meetings and runners/non runners for today,taken from

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing ... ing-coupon

it also lists any "steamers" taken from

http://www.oddschecker.com/market-repor ... g/steamers

On the menu sheet, there's only 1 button, but I'll add more as I include other sports.

On the "Racing Sheet", if you scroll up, you'll see a list of races already run with the results.

The other races have yet to be run and any non-runners are shown in red.

If you click on a course name/time, you'll get a list of all steamers for that race and a list of best odds/current odds, average market share swing and significance.

You can update it as many times as you like during the day.

As mentioned, I will include other sports, but it's up to you guys as to what you want next.

A word of warning: It does delete any named ranges, so please don't try to incorporate it into any of your existing books if they have named ranges.

Note:Temp taken off.

Nigel.
Last edited by nigelk on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
misimiki

thx Nigel, this looks very interesting.
LeTiss

Nigel, are you just taking that from the steamers page? Invariably, BF has already moved a few ticks by the time it appears on that page

What I'm looking for is a way to update the individual market odds page from oddschecker. Do you know if there's any way of doing that?
nigelk

Hi LT,

I'm sure I've done the individual odds before, I'll have to check and find it.

I don't know how Oddschecker arrive at their figures on that page. Jolly Green has mentioned that the price could come in because of a non runner,and then a horse could be classed as a steamer, whether they take this into account I don't know.

Anyway, I've taken it down as there was a bug somewhere, I'll put it back as soon as it's fixed.

Nigel.
JollyGreen

Nigel

Unless Oddschecker has changed they see a horse as a steamer when there is a non-runner. I used a similar method many years ago to help new traders. Sadly the steamers list was "weird" at times because the withdrawal of a short priced runner(s) would show multiple horses in a market as steamers.

They may have changed it these days but I doubt it.

JG
LeTiss

The reason I made my request Nigel, is because on Sports markets non-runners don't come into the equation, and also prices don't move so violently. It's amazing how often when the bookies reduce a price, BF will eventually steam to the same level. It's a fantastic guide as to how many ticks you can get out of a sports trade. Racing is slightly trickier.

My knowledge on Excel is Ok, but you're clearly an expert compared to most of us on here. I tried to find a way of having a market on oddschecker updating through Excel, and therefore highlighting any price changes. I just couldn't get it to work

Are you suggesting it's possible then?
nigelk

LT.
Well I can't see no reason why it can't be done, and if you push me for an answer I'd have to say yes, it's perfectly possible.

I've re-attached the spreadsheet, what I though was a bug wasn't. Some of the "Significance" figures on the movers sheet can get quite large ( Carlton Scoop is currently at 1296, and I've seen bigger). But I have checked them and they are ok.

How Oddschecker arrive at theses figures I have no idea, so can't give an explanation of what's going on. Maybe people will find it useful, maybe not. If not you can always just use the sheet to get a list of todays runners and non-runners.

Nigel
Last edited by nigelk on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportinwest

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Nigel, are you just taking that from the steamers page? Invariably, BF has already moved a few ticks by the time it appears on that page

What I'm looking for is a way to update the individual market odds page from oddschecker. Do you know if there's any way of doing that?
I would also be interrested in this, if it's possible
nigelk

they see a horse as a steamer when there is a non-runner
I've added to the sheet, you can now see next to the race/time how many movers there are for that particular race.

If you look at the 15:15 at Leicester, you can see there are 5 movers, but no (at the time of writing), non-runners.

However, the 15:25 at Perth have 3 movers and 4 non runners.

It seems that the answer is both yes and no. If there are no non-runners, then the movements must be due to other influences.

Nigel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gallybloke

Thanks for sharing your spreadsheet with us Nigel your work on excel is fantastic I know you mentioned adding other sports any chance you could add the daily tennis markets, many thanks Gally
nigelk

Hi all,

If anyone is interested, I've put together a word document that gives a step by step look at how to import and refresh data from the web .It consists mainly of screen shots, and should be fairly easy to follow. I've added a little bit of text where appropriate.

If anyone would like a copy, please pm me with your e-mail address.

As LT mentioned, probably no good for horse racing, but useful if you need to monitor a market/markets over several hours.

Nigel.
gstar1975

nigelk wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:57 pm
I've added to the sheet, you can now see next to the race/time how many movers there are for that particular race.

If you look at the 15:15 at Leicester, you can see there are 5 movers, but no (at the time of writing), non-runners.

It seems that the answer is both yes and no. If there are no non-runners, then the movements must be due to other influences.

Nigel.
Hi Nigel

Is there an updated version of this spreadsheet?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:53 pm
nigelk wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Nigel.
Hi Nigel

Is there an updated version of this spreadsheet?
Nigel hasn't been active on the forum for a few years now
ODPaul82

Steamers PowerQuery.xlsx
There's an excel powerquery that points to the steamers page, you should just need to refresh it
I've not tidied anything up in it, it's purely how the data comes out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gstar1975

ODPaul82 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:18 pm
Steamers PowerQuery.xlsx

There's an excel powerquery that points to the steamers page, you should just need to refresh it
I've not tidied anything up in it, it's purely how the data comes out
Thanks for that Paul. Is there a way to separate the Time Course and Name of Horse and convert the fractions to Decimal and keep it that way when I refresh the sheet?

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”