Sports Trading Spreadsheet

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
nigelk

Hi all,
I’ve made a sheet up that should be useful in tracking price movements both pre-off and (with the exception of horse racing where the prices move to quickly), in-play.

Instructions and explanation.

1. Connect to Oddschecker, and navigate to the sport you are interested in, say Tennis.
2. Select and click on an opponents name (team/horse name) or whatever
3. A box will come up listing the betting movements history.
4. On the left will be two links, “Today” and “All History”
5. Click on the “All History” link and copy the url.
6. Paste it into sheet 1 (the big white box), and press A
7. After a short while, the table will load and you will be taken to the main screen.
8. You should see a list of all the traded prices, colour coded as to their movements ( red, current price is greater than prev price, blue, price is shorter, and green, price the same)
9. Also the arrows further up indicate the general bookmaker trends. Here, 19 bookies prices are shorter, 1 longer and 1 the same. ( 1 arrow per bookie)
10. A bit further up is the average LTP
11. The data will not update until you press the “Start Timer” button.
12. The refresh rate (in seconds) can be set in the little box (max refresh 5 seconds)
13. You can check to see if it’s running as indicated in the next box along.
14. When you have finished with the market, press the stop timer before loading the next one.
15. Just press the D on sheet1 to clear the current url.
16. Occasionally, you’ll get a message saying the the refresh has failed, this is due to no data being returned from the website.
17. Just press the “Start Timer” button again.
It’s been converted from fractional values to decimal, so there will be some very small discrepancies. However, they do match with the OddsChecker site, so I’m not the only one!

I think that’s about it. I know it sounds fairly complicated, but it just boils down to :
copy and paste url, press A, then press “start timer”

For future ref: If anyone downloads this in two or three days time, please ensure you have a current market (the one loaded will be well out of date, and probably load something totally different, corrupting the amount of columns/rows already set.)

EDIT 08/05/11

Added a "min/max" figure.
The green/blue figures you see are the last 19 price movements, so don't be worried if the min/max does not appear in those. It actually looks at the last 150 price movements to get it's figures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”