Automatically placing bets 1 minute before the off

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
reboftherov

Hi. Bit of a newbie question here.

I would like to get BetAngel to automatically place a bet for me a specific number of minutes before the race starts.

Is there a way of doing this? I think it'll probably be by using the excel link but I can't work out how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
johnnic1948

I expect you already have an answer to your question but, if not, I'd be happy to help if possible. I've just gone through a similar exercise. Let me know if you're still interested in an answer?

John
TheTub

reboftherov wrote: I would like to get BetAngel to automatically place a bet for me a specific number of minutes before the race starts.
I've done this but found that many events are delayed by several minutes. Which throws off any function that strictly requires x minutes before the off. So beware if this is what you are trying to do.
fruwak

Would be nice if some1 post how to do this :P it could be usefull for some ppl like me ;)

Thanks
johnnic1948

Here is the approach that I take; it may not be the most elegant, but it works for me.

To begin, you will need to extract the race start time from Cell B1. The following formula will do that: RIGHT(LEFT(B1,SEARCH(":",B1,1)+2),5)

Next, you need to establish the current time: CONCATENATE(HOUR(NOW()),":",MINUTE(NOW()),":",SECOND(NOW()))

Finally, you need to add a requirement in your betting rules, Cell L9 etc, that takes action when the race start time minus the current time is less than or equal to 1 minute. For simplicity sake, I simply state that as a decimal, eg IF(START TIME - CURRENT TIME <= 0.0009,"TAKE ACTION","")

Hope this helps.

John
nigelk

Deleted
Last edited by nigelk on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheTub

Hi,

I came up with the attached spreadsheet a while ago. You can define when you want the bet to be placed in seconds before the off. So for one minute you would use a value of 60 in cell D21.

You can decide whether to use your own defined price or you can elect to take whatever the back or lay price is at the moment it places the bet.

You can also set whether or not you want to submit with offsetting and so on.

It's not been stress tested so be careful until you are happy that it works ok! But I thought I would share it.

I've put some instructions in the sheet also.

TT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevinheb

Hi thetub, I don't suppose you have a similar sheet that could be used in Betdaq have you please??
TheTub

No I don't. As the Betdaq cell references are completely different it would be some considerable work to adapt it.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”