Excel Trading Performance Analysis Sheet

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
chris_ri

After looking at NigelK's great analysis spreadsheet, I was inspired to try and create a spreadsheet to calculate daily win/loss % expectancy etc in a similar way to the spreadsheet Peter demonstrates on his course. Excel is not my forte but having cribbed from Nigels sheet and done a bit of reading it appears to work correctly.
Similar to Nigels sheet you need to edit the vb to enter the correct path to the Betfair PandL spreadsheet which you can download from your Betfair account. Above the line which names this spreadsheet is a commented out line which will display a dialog box to choose the spreadsheet data file, however when I use it I find it is laboriously slow. If you do uncomment it make sure comment out the following line which names the data file explicitly. I've made an attempt to calculate the expectancy which I believe is correct and also added a sort of normalized version which moves between -1 and +1. If anybody has any ideas to improve or correct please let me know and do my best to add these ideas in. Oh and load you new data press the "Load Data" button on the "PERF" sheet.

All the best
Chris

Ps. I used Excel 2003 to write the sheet so it should work in 2000/2003 and above (I think)
PPs. The data in the sheet is fudged data to demonstrate the sheet and protect my performance which was poor over the period!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nigelk

Chris,
Don't be ashamed about your results, mine aren't poor, more..........destitute.

Nice spreadsheet though.

Cheers Nigel.
npatel999

Chris, It looks like that date in the Daily P&L formula is manually typed? =SUMIF(DATA!E1:E791, "=17/06/2009", DATA!D1:D791). If it is the case then you can easily replace with =SUMIF(DATA!E1:E791,A2, DATA!D1:D791). A2 being the date and date are represented as numeric field you can copy down this formula without manually adjusting each row.

Cheers,
NP
apionslaught

This new one costs a couple of quid but works for all sports and shows the average win / loss, strike rate you mention in graphs. Loads more info too. :)

http://betfairtradingmindgames.blogspot ... -here.html
apionslaught

sorry about the red, no idea why that happened. Not trying to shout or anything!
bettycooper

You can do this by clicking on the link below, and then clicking on the "Edit Sheet" button. Once you've entered the correct path, you'll be able to make your changes and save the sheetmapquest driving directions
https://www.betfair.com/account/account ... air-pandas

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”