P/L recording sheet for y all

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
y4real

i Made this sheet some time ago, and i really find that it helps me keeping and overwiev of my trading for the whole day, i always know how much im up or down. it keeps my mind calm.

1: open via guardian
2: connect all markets( up to 60 markets )
3: Restrickt refresh settings to 600 before off, on 1 sec after start.

It also shows
1: Fav odds
2: race start time
3: Number of runners

Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Playbyte

Hi

I have been using this spreadsheet in practice mode for a few days and it works very well.

One thing I have noticed is that if a following days market has less markets then there is a tendency to keep the old data listed in the PL sheet..

Would it be possible to have a global button to clear all sheets, other than the PL one, and leave a blank where there are no markets in the PL sheet.

I have tried to run the clear data macro but it returns a runtime error and as the workbook is password protected, I am unable to find and rectify the error.

Thanks in hopeful anticipation
nigelk

How did you get it to record? It should throw an error both ways.
Playbyte

nigelk wrote:How did you get it to record? It should throw an error both ways.
All i have done is open Guardian, Select Markets, Attach Excel spreadsheet, connect it and autobind.

I have no errors reported.

I am using Windows 10 and Bet Angel v1.43.1

Edit:

My original reply has been posted against the wrong topic.

However, I have noticed that when I have used this spreadsheet, the losses are not recorded when capturing the data recording of more than one bet in the same race.This skews the overall profit, for example, when I used it with a Lay the Field Bot
nigelk

It throws an error because two sheets have been deleted, "Data" and "Dashboard", neither of which have anything to do with the PL sheet or any Bet Angel sheets.

Even if you add these 2 sheets, it won't make any difference to what it does now.

As you pointed out, the PL sheet only looks at the first horse on each sheet, so if you trade other runners it's not going to show.

Without removing the password, it's not possible to add to the existing code. You could try to contact the original author?

Cheers, Nigel
jimibt

I do not condone the hacking of password protected excel sheets or otherwise. However, if the author cannot be contacted and you feel that you (and others) could benefit from modifying the sheet without directly financially profiting, then you may like to review this article:

http://datapigtechnologies.com/blog/ind ... nt-page-1/

I've used a similar approach in the past when I've been dealing with old excel password protected sheets that I had forgotten the passwords for. Works 100% of the time.
Playbyte

Thank you Nigelk and Jimibt for your replies.

When you are new to all of this it takes a lot of understanding and as everyone says "always run in practice mode"

I guess one thing that I have done as a newbie is to try all sorts of Bots to try and understand things and it is coming slowly lol, but after a while all the bots sun into one in your head and I lose track of them lol

I am also wondering if VBA is hidden from view or if that is the coding shown in a Macro. I know this is probably such a simple question but when you dont know you dont know eh.
Dallas

Playbyte wrote:Thank you Nigelk and Jimibt for your replies.

When you are new to all of this it takes a lot of understanding and as everyone says "always run in practice mode"

I guess one thing that I have done as a newbie is to try all sorts of Bots to try and understand things and it is coming slowly lol, but after a while all the bots sun into one in your head and I lose track of them lol

I am also wondering if VBA is hidden from view or if that is the coding shown in a Macro. I know this is probably such a simple question but when you dont know you dont know eh.
Its up to the author when they share the sheet if they leave any macros editable or lock/password it to prevent people from accidentally cocking something up after they have downloaded it if they dont fully understand what it is there changing
Playbyte

Again thanks Dallas.

I agree about the protection and I have now moved on to another bot less complicated trying to keep it simple and take the learning is little steps.
Dallas

Playbyte wrote:Again thanks Dallas.

I agree about the protection and I have now moved on to another bot less complicated trying to keep it simple and take the learning is little steps.
Bet Angel has its own Advanced automation within Guardian that can be used instead of Excel for automating your trading or betting and requires no programming skills so setting up basic rules can be done in a matter of seconds

Some video tutorials here
http://www.betangel.tv/videos/uba/advanced-automation
and example files here
viewforum.php?f=43

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”