Downloading racecards in CSV

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
homerbet1973

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if it is posible to download daily racecards from the internet in .CSV format for UK races? The reason for doing so, is that I would like to identify which jockey is riding a a particular horse in a given race. I believe this information is available in betangel by hovering over the horse name but I would like to use the jockey as part of the handicapping process in my automated system hence the .csv requirement. :?
Zapata

Proform do but it is subscription. Well worth it though.
Euler

homerbet1973 wrote:Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if it is posible to download daily racecards from the internet in .CSV format for UK races? The reason for doing so, is that I would like to identify which jockey is riding a a particular horse in a given race. I believe this information is available in betangel by hovering over the horse name but I would like to use the jockey as part of the handicapping process in my automated system hence the .csv requirement. :?
Not in the product at the moment but would be quite easy to implement.
homerbet1973

Thanks guys!

Zapata: I will check out the proform option could be a starter for now.

Euler: would be great if it could be implemented in betangel, no doubt it would help alot of members with there handicapping as well...food for thought!

Thanks again for your assistance, a great community here, keep up the good work :D
dogform

homerbet1973 wrote:Hi there,

You could try the "Freelancer" web site to get a custom built application to do the job. You can post a project for the work and invite bids.

There are some very good coders on there at surprisingly cheap prices and you get a specific solution tailored to your precise needs.

Rgds
homerbet1973

[quote="dogform"]You could try the "Freelancer" web site to get a custom built application to do the job. You can post a project for the work and invite bids.

There are some very good coders on there at surprisingly cheap prices and you get a specific solution tailored to your precise needs.

Thanks Dogform, I hadn't thought of that, a great idea!should be a simple case of scraping data from the web... I'm going there now!!! Much prefer the idea of a one off cost rather than a membership.
EyePeaSea

homerbet1973 wrote:Can anyone tell me if it is posible to download daily racecards from the internet in .CSV format
Hi Homer,

What race card information are you after? Form, Jockey, Trainer etc. - the sort of stuff that is shown here: http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/race ... -handicap)?

Which races are you interested in? Just UK/IRE?

Regards

Ian
homerbet1973

Hi Ian

Yep, I'm only after the UK racecards. The problem is that I want to feed an automatic system with the information rather than check the cards manually. A good call on sportinglife though. I will probably look into the freelancer option and ask a programmer if it's possible to scrape the info off the sportinglife website, as that is exactly the data I am after.

Cheers :idea:
EyePeaSea

homerbet1973 wrote:Hi Ian

Yep, I'm only after the UK racecards.
Hi Homer,

I used to run my system by scraping from Sporting life and then have it send me an email with suggested bets. I was getting the venue/horsename/odds, rather than the race card, so it's not quite the same. Go for the FreeLance thing, but I have made a start on converting my code to get RaceCards - I'll post it here if I finish it (I'm renowned for starting but not finishing things).

Ian
homerbet1973

Hi guys

Thought I would give an update on progress. I post a project on freelancer and all up it cost me $50 for a programmer to create me a progam that gets exactly the information I needed in CSV format. All is working well and the system I am pleased to say, is now turning a small profit! :P :P :P
steven1976

Hi Homerbet,
Do you think the programmer that you used would be able to do slightly more complicated things and understand exactly what is needed? I understand quite a few programmers on their are from india and although they usually have the ability to do the work I have found in the past when I have tried to do some none bf work from india that I end up banging my head against the wall.

Im looking to do something through excel but Ive no idea how or where to start.

Thx
steve
Euler

We are aiming to include this feature in a future build.
switesh

Here's my spreadsheet that sort of does what you need.
Run the spreadsheet with macros enabled and let it do its thing for a few seconds.
Copy data from here and paste in new CSV if you need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
homerbet1973

steven1976 wrote:Hi Homerbet,
Do you think the programmer that you used would be able to do slightly more complicated things and understand exactly what is needed? I understand quite a few programmers on their are from india and although they usually have the ability to do the work I have found in the past when I have tried to do some none bf work from india that I end up banging my head against the wall.

Im looking to do something through excel but Ive no idea how or where to start.

Thx
steve
Hi steven1976

Apologies for taking a while to respond.

The programmer I used was from mauritius. his link is here:

http://www.freelancer.com.au/u/HyderBan ... eMe_Search

His communication was excellent no problems at all and worked with me everystep of the way (and yes I did every dumb mistake possible :shock: )

However that said he is a programmer predominantly focussed on web scraping and HTML. If you need excel I cannot guarantee what his skills are.

I have to say the next post looks interesting from switesh. would probably have saved me sometime and money ;)
homerbet1973

Hi Switesh

I did have a look at your file and while it lists the races what I had designed for me was for the detail of each race card to be extracted.

a sample of my file is attached not sure if others would find this useful...

Euler if you are doing it in future releases it would be interesting to see what you and others think of this format?

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”