Newbies and excel

Example spreadsheets and comments on example spreadsheets.
course2011

Hi all,

A few years ago I discovered bet angel and having used many other tading platforms I am always drawn back to bet angel an that is for excel. Although I do love the software too!.

I didn't even know what a spreadsheet was til I found BA but having watched peters videos I became hooked on its endless capabilities.

I had some ideas and asked some questions and read pretty much all the other post. It struck me that it was time I learnt myself as I was getting annoyed with myself for having to ask questions all the time.
After doing some searching I found some YouTube channels that have been a great help. I'm no professor but I consider myself to be competent. I just thought I'd share the sources of my education.

Mr excel and excel is fun are both American chaps who I believe make it fun to learn and would advise anyone wanting more excel help to visit them first.
Perhaps start with the IF statements and VLOOKUP as these have helped me loads.

Apologies for the long winded post hope it helps someone.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks for the great post.

We also recommend Excel for Dummies and Excel VBA for Dummies in addition to any resource you can find on the internet.

The best way to learn Excel is to get stuck in and try a few things out. It'll eventually become second nature.
course2011

Exactly, it's not easy well it wasn't/isn't for me but with
Time and effort it's amazing how much you can learn.
woodhousejj

Excel online help is not bad either - in a spreadsheet I am developing I needed to get rid of the dreaded #DIV/0! (dividing 0/1). Went into Online help and tried to learn some IF statements which worked ok unless i was trying to place a value from another cell. Found the IFERROR statement - =IFERROR(1/P39,0) - place IFERROR before your calculation, place bracket around your cell calculation, then comma and then 0 - works like a dream.
John

Return to “Bet Angel - Example spreadsheets”