Premium charge debacle

gazuty

In the middle of a classic premium charge debacle.

Error made in the calculation this week. A partially settled market has been credited as winnings to my account (of course the net position is only a small positive). Nevertheless the partial settlement has been recorded as pure profit and I've been charged a large premium charge.

I think I can trace the issue to the movement of the market from the Australian wallet to the Main wallet. Three calls yesterday (when I could see what was about to unfold from checking on the premium charge link) resulted in an assurance of "don't worry you won't be charged until the market fully settles".

Now that has turned into a large deduction from my account the call centre has said - "sorry we can't really help you".

Simply not good enough. Goodness knows how long this is going to take to sort out. Yes, I know, I can just take what's happened as a credit against all the pc I'm going to pay in the future (although it is a quarter - yes 1/4 - of the total amount of premium charge I've paid). But, that is not really the point.
xitian

That one open market has generated 1/4 of your premium charge in history?! That must have been one big win!

I think the helpdesk are gonna be useless for this kind of thing. I'd email your account manager if you have one, or otherwise [email protected] who will pass it on to the right team if they can't deal with it themselves. I've always found them fairly helpful in relation to charges and so on.
gazuty

xitian wrote:That one open market has generated 1/4 of your premium charge in history?! That must have been one big win!

I think the helpdesk are gonna be useless for this kind of thing. I'd email your account manager if you have one, or otherwise [email protected] who will pass it on to the right team if they can't deal with it themselves. I've always found them fairly helpful in relation to charges and so on.
Thanks. Received a non answer back from the vip email address, ie please go back to your Australian vip account manager, we can't help you. My Australian vip manager left me a voicemail that it would be sorted. It's not. Looks like it's the long road.

Oh and it's a superficial big win. It's a smallish net. The "win" is the settled side. Today will be an almost equal loss.
Euler

Frustrating.
LeTiss

That's poor

It's absolutely disgusting how BF treat loyal customers like criminals or frauds when they administer PC payments
gazuty

Update. Australian VIP manager says it has to be sorted out by UK team. Hopefully to be sorted out in this weeks premium charge cycle.
gazuty

Update. Problem recognised, but solution not identified. Once solution is identified refund will be available. Profuse apologies offered. Unfortunately it seems the solution is some time away.

Anyone else in the same boat? Impacts customers with partially settled positions in long term Australian markets that were transferred from the Australian wallet to the main wallet.
Euler

That's poor, but not unexpected.

There were issues with long term markets that needed to be settled when Betfair introduced new versions of the charges. I didn't have any, so not sure how they were resolved. But I didn't hear much else about it, so I assume they were resolved.
gazuty

Resolved, premium charge refunded for the relevant market.

Return to “Australian”