API going back to UK

garwoodstud

Watching one of Peter Webb's Melbourne Cup videos today he mentioned that he will be interested to see how Betfair moving the API back to the UK will effect betting on Oz racing. I'm in Oz and was starting to get the feel for trading, then when they moved the API back to UK a few weeks ago things started to go downhill for me, it seemed a lot harder to get successful trades. I wondered if this was because English traders could get more speed on their Oz trades or is it just a bad coincidence and I had not improved.
Euler

We are measuring it's behaviour closely as I'm not convinced that just the speed in the UK and the delay to Aus should make that much difference, but we have loads of data before the move and in a months time or so will have loads after to test exactly what difference we saw. I think there is a change in the bet matching process in the UK that should show up in the data after the Aussie switched off. But thats only conjecture till we see the data.
spreadbetting

It'll be interesting to see the data Euler, I've noticed a massive increase in the amount of void bet emails where they've suspended late compared to when things were on the AUS servers. I'm guessing everything on the UK servers is done on the cheap.

Return to “Australian”