Sporting Servers VPS

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
shakespeare

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I wanted to ask one question.

I have signed up for the AWS free tier and have a Windows Server 2012 micro tb instance running. Which version of BetAngel Professional should I look to install on there, the normal version I have at home or the server version?
LinusP

shakespeare wrote:Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I wanted to ask one question.

I have signed up for the AWS free tier and have a Windows Server 2012 micro tb instance running. Which version of BetAngel Professional should I look to install on there, the normal version I have at home or the server version?
I believe you have to pay for a VPS via betangel to use the server version. Out of interest did you use the London region, if so will be interested in your average latency...
Dallas

shakespeare wrote:Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I wanted to ask one question.

LinusP is correct the server edition of Bet Angel Professional is only compatible with a VPS supplied by Bet Angel
shakespeare

LinusP wrote:I believe you have to pay for a VPS via betangel to use the server version. Out of interest did you use the London region, if so will be interested in your average latency...
Thanks, Linus. I can't believe I didn't see the London option on the AWS dropdown! I was offered somewhere in the US as the default location and I thought that wouldn't work for logging in to Betfair. So I changed it to Ireland and that's what I am using. I believe the BA VPS is also in Ireland so I hope that's a good choice.

My strategies don't rely on millisecond timing anyway - they are good at losing money regardless of the latency. :lol:

Return to “Support”