BetAngel 'Calling Home'

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
EyePeaSea

Hi,

I'm looking at the network traffic from my PC running BetAngel and can see that it's calling home (212.48.69.52 on tcp/443) every four minutes or so. I blocked it whilst I worked out what that address was, and BA seemed to carry on working. I'm tightening up my Firewall rules and want to know if traffic to this address is absolutely necessary and if so, whether there are any other addresses that I need to allow, for it to work.

Thanks

Ian
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

That'll be the Bet Angel 'Desktop' page refreshing itself to display the latest forum posts. Won't do any harm if you block it (other than potentially blanking the desktop page).

The only other addresses that you need are betfair itself and the Bet Angel accounts server, but if your firewall allows you to login to Bet Angel, you'll already have given access to those.
EyePeaSea

That's great - thanks for the info. I'm taking a slow approach to locking stuff down - so everything is allowed. I'll keep closing things until I can't login, and then take one step back :-)

Regards

Ian

Return to “Support”