time rules BE CAREFUL

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
1point5wizard

this just happened to me.
i had a list of races in guardian and a rule that start about 5 seconds before start time.
suddenly i noticed by balance was 70%gone went to guardian and ofcourse it had placed bets on all this races that didnt even start today.
i checked and triple checked if i made a mistake somewhere but no its the same rule and it was only this one that was applied to these races it just started placing all this bets out of the blue,.
actually had it running since yesterday no errors.

really frustated by this had to close them all with loss ofcourse.

would like to hear some comments, specially from support really need someone to explain what happened.

thanks for your time.
1point5wizard

22:13 Wanganui (NZL) (this one keeps on placing bets even though this one is closer is for sure not 5 seconds away from start now and for sure wasnt when this happened.)

other where all in this category (GB races). https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/h ... d=29896291

Also (IRE)

this ones i have pinned down for now, have to check intensively what others if any more.
i really still don't have any clue what is happening.

my best guess would be that they were just uploaded to betfair or something and something screwes up i don't know really....
1point5wizard

What i did for a "solution" was placing a volume condition of atleast 500 on the first rule just in case
1point5wizard

i am guessing i am not the only one that had something similar happen with these event judging from the amounts of $ matched already, i think is not common so mutch in advance am i right?

and i am not saying this is because of betangel i suspect something happened with the time on those events.
1point5wizard

see volume in attachments.
i don't think that is normal for events starting tomorrow.
can anyone confirm?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1point5wizard

CAN'T flipping BELEIVE THIS SHIT IT HAPPENED AGAIN.
Anbell

1point5wizard wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:17 am
What i did for a "solution" was placing a volume condition of atleast 500 on the first rule just in case
It sounds like you're having some pain.

2 things:
1) you can use a much bigger number than $500 (mkt) to stop any false positives
2) you can use the market filter editor to choose events that are in the next 24 hours
1point5wizard

Anbell wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:06 am
1point5wizard wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:17 am
It sounds like you're having some pain.

2 things:
1) you can use a much bigger number than $500 (mkt) to stop any false positives
2) you can use the market filter editor to choose events that are in the next 24 hours
yeah you can say pain.....twice wiping out the winnings....and more...
freakin crap can't beleive it...think you finally nailed it and this shit comes along.
ShaunWhite

Simple answer is that you just need to be more careful, if you're adding markets for 'tomorrow' then be aware that rules work on time, not date & time.

And ffs try all this stuff in P.Mode first! There's no reason why anyone should be losing money when they're only just figuring out the basics.

When you say 'this sh!t happened again"....had you got it functioning perfect in Practice Mode then just switched to live? Or were you just trying stuff in live mode again. If you're not keen on practice mode, then move 90% of your balance to another wallet while you give it a quick test, then move your money back when you want it all to go live with.

You need to learn to walk before you run otherwise you'll go broke before you've even got going, sounds harsh on the back of your loss but it's true. Mindfulness is a key to trading, make being careful and checking stuff 2nd nature.
Screenshot_3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 am
Simple answer is that you just need to be more careful, if you're adding markets for 'tomorrow' then be aware that rules work on time, not date & time.

And ffs try all this stuff in P.Mode first! There's no reason why anyone should be losing money when they're only just figuring out the basics.

When you say 'this sh!t happened again"....had you got it functioning perfect in Practice Mode then just switched to live? Or were you just trying stuff in live mode again. If you're not keen on practice mode, then move 90% of your balance to another wallet while you give it a quick test, then move your money back when you want it all to go live with.

You need to learn to walk before you run otherwise you'll go broke before you've even got going, sounds harsh on the back of your loss but it's true. Mindfulness is a key to trading, make being careful and checking stuff 2nd nature.
Screenshot_3.png
+1

In addition, while I can see the pain in your cry for help, some of your tone veers towards abuse. Calm down, its only money and if you have an edge you will recover.

I have designed bad bots, applied the wrong bot to the wrong market and made many other mistakes. I am glad for everything I learned because those losses were the price to become sucessful.
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:03 am
I have designed bad bots, applied the wrong bot to the wrong market and made many other mistakes. I am glad for everything I learned because those losses were the price to become sucessful.
How true is that....I only learned the trick about hiving money away in another wallet after one of my first bots sprayed £2 bets into the market like an AK47 until the clip was empty. 3 seconds of mayhem then just click, click, click :lol:
1point5wizard

moving wallets hmmm
will do that thx for suggesting.

and on the other hand someone should have thought of that time thing and add date
its simple logic IMO
BUT STILL most of these weren't anywhere near start time so i couldn't blame myself enterely, something is wrong.
1point5wizard

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:19 am
gazuty wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:03 am
How true is that....I only learned the trick about hiving money away in another wallet after one of my first bots sprayed £2 bets into the market like an AK47 until the clip was empty. 3 seconds of mayhem then just click, click, click :lol:
i can see it happening...

well shit happens, already over it but it seems so unfair, probably made a mistake but i still think something is in fact wrong
gazuty

5-stages-of-grief.jpg

Return to “Support”