Take SP didn't work?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Trader_Tom

I recently had my closing positions left in the market near the off. I set them to take SP and the race went off about 3 or so seconds later. When the market went in play my bets were all still in the market as "keep" bets. Obviously the price flew in the opposite direction binning half my days profit as I tried to close. Prior to the panic I looked at my unmatched bets thinking I must have made a mistake however they were all still there as "Take SP". Is this a Betfair fault or a problem on my end?

It's not big deal losing the profit as it wasn't fortunes but I'd rather it not happen again with larger stakes.
Trader_Tom

Just to add. I'm sure this isn't a software problem otherwise there would be people all over this forum reporting the same thing. I am wondering if it could have been something to do with my machine or a fault with Betfair's API.
Bluesky

This has happened to me a couple of times, I'm only using minimum stakes so put it down to that. I think I have read somewhere that BF guarantee the take SP function only if the stakes are a certain size (cant remember how much exactly) but I do know the don't guarantee it for minimum stakes.
Dallas

Bluesky wrote:This has happened to me a couple of times, I'm only using minimum stakes so put it down to that. I think I have read somewhere that BF guarantee the take SP function only if the stakes are a certain size (cant remember how much exactly) but I do know the don't guarantee it for minimum stakes.
Min Back bet stakes are £2 and min lay bet liability is £10
Euler

Sometimes Betfair's API does not resolve the SP very quickly. Next time you see it wait 10 seconds at least to give it a chance to resolve.
Trader_Tom

Thanks for the replies people. It's no major harm at all anyway. I've had to revert back to baby stakes today as my larger bank I'd been operating was only temporarily available to me for the past few days.

Thanks again!

Return to “Support”