Restricted Betfair Account ???????

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
teambulldog

Hi,
Please HELP ,,,,,,
First Time Post, But Today Was Testing INPLAY AND PRE OFF And Got A Email From Betfair Saying About Restricting My Account Because MyData Usage Profile Represents That Of A Commercial User ??????
They Then Say I Need A Commercial Data Licence ?????
I Was Still On Testing Then The Market Totals Were Zero And Things Went Mad And Slowed Up Etc On Screen .....
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP AS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO?
THANKS
JULES
Derek27

Hi teambulldog, welcome to the forum.

Please read the thread below, and good luck with your account.

Restricted account
marko236

I think it maybe time for Peter to talk to Betfair about this it seems to be happening more and more, maybe in the next update practice mode can only be used for x amount of time or markets.
Dallas

marko236 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:59 pm
I think it maybe time for Peter to talk to Betfair about this it seems to be happening more and more, maybe in the next update practice mode can only be used for x amount of time or markets.
Half the problem so far is BF have never given any clear guidance on what they are prepared to accept as a 'reasonable' amount of time before they implement restrictions and so far they seem to deal with everyone on an individual ad-hoc basis
Derek27

marko236 wrote:
The Bet Angel user guide does give a clear warning to place occasional real bets to avoid account restriction, though as Dallas says, Betfair fail to provide any clear rules, as they do with most aspects of the exchange.

Practice Mode
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:34 pm
marko236 wrote:
The Bet Angel user guide does give a clear warning to place occasional real bets to avoid account restriction, though as Dallas says, Betfair fail to provide any clear rules, as they do with most aspects of the exchange.

Practice Mode
I don't think red underlined warnings in the manual are doing the job... BA should send a singing telegram to each new user to explain it. If only we knew someone who had an appropriate little outfit who can do the job.....ding!
ruthlessimon

Out of interest (because this could help others facing a similar scenario). How would you answer the following questions?:

Do you have a funded BF account?
Do you place semi-regular trades?

There's a guy I know who's never had problems (yet), who's been on the sim longer than a yr. I recently asked them a similar set of questions:

"Yes, £1000+. I aim to trade very short football matches off every other day. i.e. PSG vs Bordeaux. PSG (or any strong fav) will be very short i.e 1.25, but importantly has 0 volatility. I place £5 either side for a 5p loss. Have been on the sim since around 2015, never had any issues - apart from not getting off sim :lol: "

If you followed a similar pattern/characteristics - I might warn the guy - as BF could be right up his arse soon!!
marko236

teambulldog wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 pm
Hi,
Please HELP ,,,,,,
First Time Post, But Today Was Testing INPLAY AND PRE OFF And Got A Email From Betfair Saying About Restricting My Account Because MyData Usage Profile Represents That Of A Commercial User ??????
They Then Say I Need A Commercial Data Licence ?????
I Was Still On Testing Then The Market Totals Were Zero And Things Went Mad And Slowed Up Etc On Screen .....
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP AS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO?
THANKS
JULES
I think any commercial user would know they would need a licence to get data and would either pay the licence or avoid it by placing bets on the exchange, Betfair wont like people using practice mode alot because they dont make money which is fair enough but there should be away of stopping people getting accounts restricted and being forced to pay a fee.
teambulldog

So Do I Give In A PAY For A Licence ????
Any Help Please
Thanks
Jules
Dallas

teambulldog wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:59 pm
Any Help Please
Thanks
Jules
If you contact them by raising a ticket from here
https://developer.betfair.com/support/

and plead ignorance / explain you were unaware you were doing anything wrong and that you were using practice mode whilst getting familiar with the software's features but from now on you will be pacing live bets they will usually lift the restriction. They just want to know they will be earning some money from your activity and not just putting a strain on there severs whilst they get nothing from it
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 pm
I don't think red underlined warnings in the manual are doing the job... BA should send a singing telegram to each new user to explain it. If only we knew someone who had an appropriate little outfit who can do the job.....ding!
It's actually in orange :P

Seriously though, I don't understand why Betfair can't simply send an email warning of account restriction, as it seems to be catching out a lot of innocent people.
teambulldog

Thanks Dallas,I Have Sent A Ticket So Wil See If I Get A Reply In The Morning ( i hope)....
Thanks
Jules
ShaunWhite

teambulldog wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:59 pm
Any Help Please
Thanks
Jules
Jules, you're new, welcome.
But did you see the questions for you posted by ruthlessimon? It might be nice if you could reply. It looks like he put some effort into his reply for you so it would be a bit off to just ignore it really. Helping others to understand exactly how your cockup happened would be helpful to other new users. Afterall it's a forum, not tech support.

(I Think The Use Of Propercase Everywhere Will Start To Get On People's Wick's Soon btw.)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:46 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 pm
It's actually in orange :P

Seriously though, I don't understand why Betfair can't simply send an email warning of account restriction, as it seems to be catching out a lot of innocent people.
Innocent people? Or people who ignore Ts&Cs, don't RTFM and then plead ignorance as a reason to be excused of consequences. Tell you what Derek, copy your windows system disk for me to register on my machine, I'm sure microsoft will let me keep using it if I tell them I didn't know it wasn't allowed. ;)

But seriously a heads up would seem fair if the account is new, but they do say
"You undertake to use our services for legitimate betting purposes only."
so it's no great suprise really if you get a bollocking for using the service without betting.

I'd be a bit worried actually if they did state an exact bets:data ratio, I'm sure there's people here (eg me) who generate relatively tiny amounts of commission compared to the huge amounts of valuable data I get in a format I can easily store. The current gentlemens' agreement about 'betting purposes' works pretty well imo.

Maybe people should just pay the £299 fine, it'll get them used to what life as a trader is like. A large unexpected red if you don't understand exactly what you're doing, or when you do know exactly what you're doing sometimes. It's how you cope with loss that defines you :lol: :lol: :lol:
teambulldog

hi ruthlessimon?, shaunwhite, dallas,
sorry for the no reply,
sorry for the type errors,
yes i am new at posting on here but as you can tell my emailing ,typing ,spelling is not good and thats what stops me because its hard,so sorry again.
i have had betfair account for 13years and bet angel on and off for the same, trying to find the golden egg and like auto betting and trying trading etc etc. been off work all xams so been on practice mode trying different systems etc, but not real money as my football bets i have been on skybet..i only have £400 in betfair and last real bet before this was 3 weeks ago...this is the mail i got back this morning so could you please help with how i am to reply please.
thanks jules

BDP.Betfair.com - BDP Support <[email protected]>
9:19 AM (1 hour ago)

to me
Dear JULIAN , Comments: Hi,

Please provide the below information for our review:

• For what purpose do you intend to you use your account?
• What sports and markets will you bet into?
• Of the markets you read/view what percentage do you expect to place bets in?
• What is your anticipated number of bets per market?
• What is your anticipated monthly betting volume?
• Do you work for a betting operator or any supplier to a betting operator, or have you in the past? If yes, please provide details.

Kind Regards
Betfair Developer Program

Return to “Support”