Connecting Betangel with Excel

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
baNewbie

I am trying to connect Betangel Pro with an excel spreadsheet.

I open a market and go to the Excel tab. I select the template spreadsheet (I tried also with an empty one) and click open workbook.

I get a small dialog window with the text "Unable to open Excel". I have both Excel 2003, 2007 and openoffice installed with 2007 being the default version.

What could be the problem?

Which services should I have started in order for this to work?
Mug

Maybe your file extensions are defaulted to Open office rather than Excel?
baNewbie

Mug wrote:Maybe your file extensions are defaulted to Open office rather than Excel?
Extensions are associated with Excel 2007
Mug

That's the only solution I can offer, don't know if anybody else has seen the same issue?
bmz4

I have exactly same problem, also Openoffice installed and now installed Excel. And the problem seems to be that file extensions are defaulted to open Openoffice. Can not find, how to make Excel default, could someone advice?
BeatTheHouse

bmz; Right click on a file that you would like to open in Excel and go to "Open With" (or Open File With, depending on what version of Windows). Click on, "Choose Default Program" and then click on Excel. Once you have done that, it should change all the files with *.xls etensions to the Excel icon instead of the OpenOffice Icons and should automatically open all *.xls files in Excel from then on.

Return to “Support”