Connecting Bet Angel to a spreadsheet

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
QuietShout

Not much happening today, due to the weather so I thought I'd have a try with the Excel functions in BA. I started by watching the video - "Connecting Bet Angel to a spreadsheet" - on betangeltv. I can find the example files mentioned and select them using the browse button as shown, the destination is the same as shown on the video (C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel - Professional\templates). I click open workbook and within a couple of seconds it greys out and the close workbook button lights up and that's it, I can go no further.
I can press the connect button - it greys out and the disconnect button becomes active. As far as I can tell, everything works as it should, except for excel itself. I use excel daily, so I know it works, same goes for BA (both Bf & Bd. Only tried excel for Bf).
I've looked through the settings and this forum for clues or fixes, I've not found anything.
So, can anyone shed some light on this, please?

BA version 1.49.0
Excel version 360 subscription, so always up to date.
Win 10

[EDIT] - Just tried the Bd version, same result which suggests this may be an excel problem, although I've no idea what that might be.

also, I should have said, I DO have markets loaded when trying this.
ShaunWhite

Are you saying that when you click open excel doesn't appear?
You mention a connect and a disconnect button? I've only seen a connect checkbox in Guardian.
dt888

If you have any addition tools added to your excel like kutools for example, this can stop the excel workbook from showing when clicking open in Bet Angel
QuietShout

dt888 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:02 pm
If you have any addition tools added to your excel like kutools for example, this can stop the excel workbook from showing when clicking open in Bet Angel
Sweet, thanks. I do indeed use kutools.
Thanks very much dt888 :D
EDIT - kutools can be switched off and all is well when you do. Thanks once again. May all your lays be low. :)

Return to “Support”