Exception Occurred - Unable to Connect to Remote Server

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
andyfuller

I am currently unable to log in and am getting the error message:

Exception Occurred - Unable to Connect to Remote Server

Is anyone else getting this?

Any ideas of how to get around it?

TIA.
PeterLe

Hi Andy,
Currently got a few sessions (various modes) logged in ok; no issues??
Peter
andyfuller

Cheers for the reply.

It was letting me log in on my main machine but not on the back up.

Thankfully it has eventually let me log in on the back up.

Not a clue what the issue was though.
andyfuller

Something still isn't right - had to log out and now it is saying BA authentication okay but username and password aren't right - but they are.

I am connecting on my 3G back up - wonder if that is anything to do with it?
andyfuller

I have had no problems with this the last two days and suspect the problem was down to my 3G connection.

I have a very poor reception where I live and I think that was the cause of the problem.

Feel free to close the thread if you so wish.

Thanks for the replies.
Predicton

I get that error message from time to time. It occurs when I've not got an internet connection. Have you had any internet connection problems?

Cheers, P
andyfuller

andyfuller wrote:I have a very poor reception where I live and I think that was the cause of the problem.
I think what was happening was that as I said above I have poor reception where I live and it sometimes is so bad the connection drops which is what I suspect was happening here. Despite saying it is connected sometimes it is so poor the reception that it is effectively not connected and I think that is what has been happening.

I am looking forward to when I move and can have internet faster than 2mb and actually get reception on my 3G dongle.

IMO it is a shocking state of affairs that after such a big economic boom so little was invested in the country's telecommunications.

When I lived in Oz I had a dongle type thing that connected via satellites I believe with fast internet anywhere in Oz, including the middle of nowhere where I lived and worked and it cost no more than I pay in the UK.

Return to “Support”