Windows 10 disconnecting from Microsoft Remote Desktop

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
PureEnergy8

Im currently using my vps through microsoft remote desktop.
Ive been using the mac version on mRD for a while and had no problems(been running bet angel and a bot).
I have a new PC running windows 10. When i connect through mRD to my bot software it seems to be ok. But when i start using Betangel its seem to freeze just before every race is about to start when trying to scalp.

Any ideas how i can fix this or look into it further.

Thanks

Scott
ShaunWhite

Is it freezing or just that the screen refresh to your local pc is slow? When those ladders start refreshing then there's quite a bit more display data flowing. Otherwise I can't really comment, I don't use BA on my vps, I just run it locally to monitor what's going on.

Or...how does your cpu and memory useage look on the vps, do you need a bit more of either?
PureEnergy8

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:46 pm
Is it freezing or just that the screen refresh to your local pc is slow? When those ladders start refreshing then there's quite a bit more display data flowing. Otherwise I can't really comment, I don't use BA on my vps, I just run it locally to monitor what's going on.

Or...how does your cpu and memory useage look on the vps, do you need a bit more of either?
Screen just freezes mate. Have to shut mRD down and reopen it. But if i log in from my mac its fine. Can run the ladders no problem.
I've disabled all my antivirus software etc, but think its a windows 10 problem. As its perfect on mac.

Scott
ShaunWhite

Good luck with it. I'm on win7 pro but I'm sure there's other people on 10 who might be more help.
Dallas

The resources taken by RDP shouldn't be that high, I've accessed mine from several Win & & 10 PC's and even a very old low spec laptop running Win 7 and never had any freezing issues.

Have you tried starting task manager on your PC when it freezes just to see what else is running and/or could be eating into your memory?
PureEnergy8

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:51 pm
The resources taken by RDP shouldn't be that high, I've accessed mine from several Win & & 10 PC's and even a very old low spec laptop running Win 7 and never had any freezing issues.

Have you tried starting task manager on your PC when it freezes just to see what else is running and/or could be eating into your memory?
I'll give that a try next.

Thanks

Scott
PureEnergy8

Dallas wrote:

Nothing out of the ordinary. So frustrating.

scott
Dallas

PureEnergy8 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:17 pm
Dallas wrote:

Nothing out of the ordinary. So frustrating.

scott
Have you checked your Windows 10 is fully up to date?
Also if you have any anti-virus running try disabling that for a while, that's been known to play havoc with a few things.

I've just done a quick search and it appears it can be quiet common with Windows 10, it might be worth a quick search on Google yourself if you have already got all updates installed and disabling any antivirus didn't help and work through a few of the common suggestions given.

Return to “Support”