Automation logs and market report folders

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
SantoOnofre

Hi, there!

When I run 2 instances of Bet Angel, with different automation strategies on the same tennis match, I get only one log report for the match in the market reports folder, with data of only one strategy.

Is this happening because both logs have been sent to the same folder? Is there a way to set different folders for each instance of the software? Or is there any way of getting 2 (or more) market report logs for the same match?

Thanks!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It is possible, but it's a bit of a manual process:

If you duplicate the Bet Angel folder in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel - Professional' to make a second copy of the application and then edit the file BetAngel.exe.config in that folder..... you'll see a line <add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional"/> you could change that to <add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional 2"/> and you'll have a completely seperate work area as if the two instances were running on different PCs.
SantoOnofre

It worked just fine! Thanks a lot.
Can I do the same for a third or fourth instance? Any possible problems?
SantoOnofre

When a new version of Bet Angel is released, what should I do in case of having this second copy of the software running in paralel?

It's just install, as usual? Will I need to create the second instance again? Is there a risk of losing something?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

SantoOnofre wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:33 pm
When a new version of Bet Angel is released, what should I do in case of having this second copy of the software running in paralel?
It's just install, as usual? Will I need to create the second instance again? Is there a risk of losing something?
The installation will update the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel - Professional' folder, so the safest thing to do would be to duplicate that folder again editing the config files in the extra instances. If you're feeling more confident, then you could just compare timestamps between folders and just copy across the files that have changed.

There is no risk of overwriting any of your logs, Automation files, layout profiles etc for the second instance as that information is stored in the user AppData area of Windows and is not touched by the installer.
SantoOnofre

OK. Thank you!
firlandsfarm

Just applied this myself, great idea
Anbell

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:16 pm
It is possible, but it's a bit of a manual process:

If you duplicate the Bet Angel folder in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel - Professional' to make a second copy of the application and then edit the file BetAngel.exe.config in that folder..... you'll see a line <add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional"/> you could change that to <add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional 2"/> and you'll have a completely seperate work area as if the two instances were running on different PCs.
I'm trying to do this now.

If I open in Notepad++ I can't edit it. If I open in Notepad and try to save, it says that the config file is read-only.

Is there a work-around so that we can run multiple instances on the same machine and keep the reporting silo'd?

Thanks
gianni

if you open notepad as administrator you should be able to edit and save the config-file.
best regards
Gianni
Anbell

THanks Gianni
Anbell

Update: I was able to change the config file per Gianni's help, but now when I open an instance I can't get any markets to list in the Market Selection panel or in Guardian. (Oddly, Quick Picks gets populated, but when I hit Switch to Market, nothing happens)

I'm using 1.54.1

Any other suggestions?

Return to “Support”