Odds of 1.00!

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
firlandsfarm

OK, not a BA question and not a Betfair question, just a general clarification requested …

I was recently browsing around and ended up on an Australian Harness Racing page (https://www.harness.org.au/racing/field ... c=YU010319) when I noticed that in race 2 today (01/03/19) at 12:48 local time at Young the favourite (Sputnik) came 3rd with quoted Starting Odds of $1.00! Now that can't be decimal odds, obviously not fractional and not in American format. I can't find anything on the Internet for an Australian odds format so wonder if anyone here can help to explain the format of the odds used down-under.
megarain

I would think its just a mistake.

The other races over-round look ok .. this race, even taking out a 1.00 chance, looks wrong.
harness.jpg
The odds are quoted to a $1.00 stake .. most racecourses are not allowed to return dividends with no profit .. so, a $1.01 would be a return of 1/100.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lutruwita

Nope. Those odds are correct. The Tab round down on the TOTE. This means a $1.03 horse round down to $1.00.
megarain

I understand etc, but Totes have a maximum take-out.

Race 1 over-round, was 22%, which was in line with other races, and sorta what u would expect.

Race 2 . even without the 1.00, was 77%. Something is wrong.
overround race 2.jpg
overround race 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Support”