Change of forum username?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
johnsheppard

Hello there,

I gather it is not possible to change my username for the forum?

Searching, I found this https://betangel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5706 ... which states it is not possible to change.

My username is not capitalised and it bothers me! :) Then I also wonder about the wisdom of using my real name. I see there are some people that do, but most don't...

So I just thought I'd ask the question? If I want to change my username, is the best way to do that to just setup a new profile?

Thank you kindly for any thoughts
John
Emmson

Ferru seemed to have his username turn into Iron though he may have been a special case.
eightbo

Interesting case. Fortunately for you, privacy in an expanding digital age is taken quite seriously these days.

As in this instance it's your name, you have a right to request that your personal information be deleted/updated under the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR).

If this is important to you, I suggest you make a formal request to have your name changed.
Doesn't have to be a big deal though, I reckon if you just pop a message here someone will sort it for you.
johnsheppard

Thanks Guys,

I suppose I am not hugely worried about it. I dont want to cause too much trouble for administrators (im sure they already work hard enough)....I just didnt put any thought into it when I signed up. I figured best to think about it now before I start seriously posting lots of things and getting involved :) Dont want to be 500 posts in and go, umm dang, shouldnt have used my real name :)

I think to a degree, anonymity does allow one to be a bit more flexible with writing posts that are meaningful as one isn't concerned with protecting a reputation....(i.e. its easier to just think about the things that matter in the post at hand)...

Thanks for the admin contact link eightbo. I'll think it over before I contact them tho...
Euler

If you contact support we can change it for you.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:02 am
If you contact support we can change it for you.
funnily enough, when i 1st joined the forum I used the username that i use universally for almost everything. however, after a few weeks i actually had thought that i wanted to change it as i'd intended to call myself *DaftPunt* (in homage to the musical geniuses as well as being a silly pun).

not too bothered now, but still quite like that handle :D
Derek27

johnsheppard wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:46 am
Then I also wonder about the wisdom of using my real name.
You shouldn't have used a real photo of yourself for your avatar. :lol:
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:21 am
johnsheppard wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:46 am
Then I also wonder about the wisdom of using my real name.
You shouldn't have used a real photo of yourself for your avatar. :lol:
Uh oh, I did that too!

:D

CS

Return to “Support”