Syncing Rule Files accross computers

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
johnsheppard

Hello there,

I am learning how to do automation and all that jazz..to do that I have two computers each running betfair. One that I am running in live mode. One that I am running in practice mode. I want to do all my rule and automation and trial and error and things on my practice machine. Then have all that synced over to my live machine once I am happy with things in practice.

I was just seeking thoughts on how you guys go about doing something like that?

Syncing files accross computers is no problem. I use either git or syncing software (resilio atm) for that. But is there any way I can get betangel to automatically look in different paths for rule files or anything like that? do I have to manually import changed or new rule files?

Thank you kindly for any thoughts
John
Euler

I use dropbox to sync all my files across multiple computers and I'd suggest that this is the best solution. You don't need to copy anything it just keeps up to date on each amendment.
johnsheppard

Thank you Euler,

Is there a way to get betangel to sync rule file changes somehow tho?

For example, I see that the .baf rule files are stored in this directory;
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\Automation

I just now tried for example, duplicating a baf file in that directory and betangel hasn't picked it up in the UI. So I presume it keeps its own list of pointers to the rule files internally rather than using the filesystem.

This leads me to think that for example, if I create a new rule file on my practice computer, dropbox syncs the file over to my live computer, I still have to manually go in and add the new .baf file via the Import mechanism. Would that be correct?

(Perhaps I am being lazy. I spend too much time trying to automate everything. It's not like its a wholesale operation)

Thank you for reading.
johnsheppard

Sorry. An update. Betangel does read it from the filesystem. I just had to close and reopen betangel. So I dont have to import the baf file manually. Just close and reopen betangel....

For anyone else reading this. Not sure if dropbox does it, but the sync software I use called resilio can sync accross computers to different path. (other ones I have used in the past do that also)...

So anyway, I think it's gonna work. Time will tell. :)
Thank you

Return to “Support”