Help - Lay Condition Not Working

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
puntingprofit

I have a lay bet set to trigger when a Stored Value for the Current Selection is Greater Than An enterered Amount. However it has sometimes been triggering when the amount is not being met (as shown by the log). Has anyone had anything similar ? could suggest any causes please ?

(clutching at straws) Causes I'm pondering.
- Multiple instances of Bet Angel running (albeit can't think why cpu or memory constraint would affect logic) ?
- Can stored value names have dashes in them and still do calculations (& not be considered as a minus or something).
- Issue seems to happen later in day / distance since restart ?
- Am generating large log files by looping through stuff.
- I'm assuming using row numbers / betfair order does hold steady in play.

Thanks in advance, pp
Dallas

If you can post the log and screenshot of the stored value rule that would be helpful.

But if you have a minus sign (-) as an entered amount then yes the stored value condition will use that
puntingprofit

Thanks Dallas, I have attached a screenshot. I didn't use a dash in the amount, only the stored value name (which shouldn't be an issue?). I don't have the full log but am sure, the variable never met the greater than condition. In my haste to solve, I restarted and hadn't written the log to a file. The screenshot shows the condition not being met but the lay bet firing anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If the dash was in the name only it wouldn't matter,

Are you storing that value on the same rule as the condition is testing it?

If not is the stored value rule that is storing it above the lay bet rule in the editor?
Rules are checked in order so it will need to be above it
puntingprofit

The stored value is stored in line 100 of the guardian file as a "set/modify a stored value only" rule type.
The condition is tested in row 115 of the guardian file as a condition on a "Place Lay Bet" rule type.

It's almost as if somehow the "conditions must be true for the rule to trigger" are being treated as OR rather than AND. It is really puzzling.

Since I restarted this instance of Bet Angel after 17:30 it has been behaving fine, but I can't trust it.
Dallas

If you want to copy out that stored value and lay bet rule to a separate file and upload it'll double check though and test it
puntingprofit

Thanks so much for offering to cast an eye over this.

There are a hundred prior convoluted rules that come up with the values for Row1A, Row2A, Row3A, thru to Row15A and "X". So I guess to test in isolation you'd need to set values for whichever row you might test the lay for.

The rule names including the phrase "sum2scales" is I know a little misleading as I changed to needing to subtract the variables but never changed my stored value names. This subset appears to be the section I have an issue with per red circles I've drawn on the screenshot.

This subset looks too simple to be wrong but I'm hoping it's something obvious ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you earlier, but i've just had a chance to look at your file.

As the SV is triggering multiple times can you just check back in that original log you posted and look for the previous time the stored value 'Row9-sum2scales' was set and let me know the time and value?
puntingprofit

Thanks Dallas, I don't have the full log as in my haste to solve, I restarted and hadn't written the log to a file. However, I had this previously and checked all previous times that the value was stored and the value each time was lower than my >75 threshold ..... as I did also wonder whether it was 'catching up' and reacting to a previous higher value. It looks like a pure logic issue that should not be possible.
Dallas

puntingprofit wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:24 pm
Thanks Dallas, I don't have the full log as in my haste to solve, I restarted and hadn't written the log to a file. However, I had this previously and checked all previous times that the value was stored and the value each time was lower than my >75 threshold ..... as I did also wonder whether it was 'catching up' and reacting to a previous higher value. It looks like a pure logic issue that should not be possible.
You should still be able to get to the saved logged
https://betangel.kayako.com/article/101 ... -log-files

When you look at the log and more than one entry has the same time as your earlier post did it doesn't always mean that was the order the rules triggered in
ie, with your lay bet being below the £2 min stake it will have had a 2-second in-play delay so will have been triggered at 17:12:13 (maybe even 17:12:12 depending on the rounding). so it's worth checking the most recent stored value prior to those times as your stored value is triggering every second and not being subject to any delays you'd maybe need to look back 3 or 4 stored values to check which the rule triggered against
puntingprofit

Thanks Dallas. I think I need to replay and capture., but this time with stake size that won't get delayed. I wasn't able to find the log file, I think probably because I had a few different instances running on the same race and only one of them (not this one) was logging.

Return to “Support”