Bet Angel Not Updating After Non-Runner

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Ethanol

This has now happened twice in the past couple of days. Had an open trade, another horse has been withdrawn, but Bet Angel hasn't updated its calculations to take into account the market change. The first time it happened, I restarted Bet Angel and this fixed the issue. Today, I let it ride because I wanted to confirm whether it was a visual glitch, or it would actually cause a problem with the close-trade automation. As expected, Bet Angel greened-up using the old incorrect calculations, and I had to make a manual adjustment on the Betfair site.

Anyone else had this problem? I recently updated to 1.53.1, so suspect this may be part of the issue.
Scotty74

I'm experincing similar issues, open bets resulting in losses,in practice mode automation thankfully, Today I changed to close trade on selection had no effect, slightly puzzl
Ethanol

I'm still having this issue.

It seems to be because the matched bets that Bet Angel has listed for the market are all at the old values pre-non-runner. For some reason, it's not picking up the recalculated stakes and odds, and this is subsequently affecting all green-up calculations for the market.

I've tried various combinations of the way Bet Angel receives data from Betfair, but it stubbornly refuses to update the matched bet info.
Ethanol

I've just been looking through the "Betfair Down / Betfair site crash" thread, and I'm wondering if the issues discussed in the last couple of pages there are the same thing as what I'm experiencing.

It could be a caching issue at Betfair's end, with their API occasionally missing the non-runner updates, and subsequently sending out old matched bet info from the cache.
Euler

There seems to be an issue with Betfair not updating data after a non-runner on streaming.

I just experienced it at Wetherby today. The P&L just looked completely wrong, so I looked on the website and saw what I had expected, but not on the API. So I switched off streaming and that showed the correct P&L.

Switching streaming back on returned the errant one.

Return to “Support”