Custom buttons on mouse not working with VPS

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
danum

I've just started using VPS and copied over my profiles using Dropbox, this included all my shortcut keystrokes which I have assigned to various buttons on my gaming mouse. The problem is that no matter what I try I can't seem to get the VPS to recognise the custom buttons, most of the buttons don't work on the VPS machine but some do work just not as assigned. This has cost me money on 2 occassions today (greened out as opposed to taking SP).

Does anybody know a fix for this? TIA
sa7med

danum wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:33 pm
I've just started using VPS and copied over my profiles using Dropbox, this included all my shortcut keystrokes which I have assigned to various buttons on my gaming mouse. The problem is that no matter what I try I can't seem to get the VPS to recognise the custom buttons, most of the buttons don't work on the VPS machine but some do work just not as assigned. This has cost me money on 2 occassions today (greened out as opposed to taking SP).

Does anybody know a fix for this? TIA
Do you have your mouse drivers installed on VPS?
danum

Yes, the problem is that the custom buttons are assigned in separate profiles that are configured in the mouse driver settings. The VPS doesn't detect the mouse I'm using and therefore won't allow me to save any changes in these profiles. If I try to assign certain actions to the side buttons I get a pop up msg telling me I need to install the device first....
Euler

You may need to introduce a delay perhaps? I use custom keystrokes OK but on one configuration about three years ago the VPS would only pick up on it if I introduced a delay in the macro.
danum

Thanks both, managed a work around in the end. Had to create a separate mouse profile on my local machine using default settings then configure a separate custom key strokes profile with the VPS Bet Angel, now works as intended.

Return to “Support”