Windows 10 - Kaspersky - Bet Angel

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
buyshirts

Ive recently updated from Windows 7 to WIndows 10.
Has anybody else had speed problems after completing the update from 7 to 10 i've added that i'm using Kaspersky Internet security as well?
Derek27

I performed that upgrade 2-3 years ago. From what I remember I may have had a very minor speed reduction which was probably due to a heavier operating system. I don't think it was drastic though.
Dallas

Have you tried disabling Kaspersky to see how it performs?
buyshirts

es i tried tat but still having the problems, it hard to put my finger on it as it has periods of where its working fine, and its hard to tell how much is just down to Betfair or what seems more likely a combination of several isses
buyshirts

Its bizarre because all of a sudden and now its flying
Dallas

Sounds like something running in the background zapping your resourses.
Next time it slows down open your 'task manager', that will tell you whats causing the drain
Derek27

Web browsers are often the culprit. I've had to stop using Firefox and switched to Chrome because of huge memory usage, but some on this forum reported Chrome was consuming massive amounts of memory and switched to Firefox!
greenmark

My experience was 'don't use Edge'. Heavy inexplicable CPU usage (or maybe it was the GPU).
But even after swapping to Chrome to run Betfair I often see it using 30%+. I then open a new Betfair window and shutdown the original betfair window. The CPU usage drops.
I'm too lazy to follow this up, but it happens regularly.
johnsheppard

Kaspersky had some compatability problems when windows 10 was first released. I think they were temporarily out of the market for a while although don't quote me on that...

As dallas says, check your task manager next time it happens, anything else would just be guess work...there's a million things that can go wrong with computers and software...
Derek27

I think web browser resource usage has increased faster than hardware advances. I still have a 2006 laptop running Windows 7, Microsoft Office and trading software still runs fine but web browsers are unusable. 3 minutes to load a web page if at all!
Anbell

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:24 pm
Web browsers are often the culprit. I've had to stop using Firefox and switched to Chrome because of huge memory usage, but some on this forum reported Chrome was consuming massive amounts of memory and switched to Firefox!
I use Opera. I find it runs much lighter than FFox/Chrome
Dave Angel

The new version of Edge can be downloaded and un-installed if you don't like it ..... I think it's pretty good!
Another thing to look into is disabling "sysmain" in services, That speeds my desktop up quite a bit.

Return to “Support”