Placing double bets and recording in wrong row.

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Ryan1uk

Hi,

For some reason, my spreadsheet is placing a bet then placing the bet again but this is not happening all the time and it can be a few seconds or a few minutes apart.

Also sometimes it is being recorded in the wrong rows.

I have attached a couple of screenshots.

Any help is much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CallumPerry

Only reason I could imagine it doing that is because the trigger logic has a mistake somewhere possibly? Have a look at the IF statement you have used to make a bet, the answer should be there. I.e IF(runner is odds = 10 THEN ... blah blah), at some point multiple runners may hit the 10.0 odds price and thus you would have multiple bets.

Your screenshots show different runner names and prices so it's hard to tell but I'd suggest looking at your if statements which is triggering your command in column L
Ryan1uk

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 pm
Only reason I could imagine it doing that is because the trigger logic has a mistake somewhere possibly? Have a look at the IF statement you have used to make a bet, the answer should be there. I.e IF(runner is odds = 10 THEN ... blah blah), at some point multiple runners may hit the 10.0 odds price and thus you would have multiple bets.

Your screenshots show different runner names and prices so it's hard to tell but I'd suggest looking at your if statements which is triggering your command in column L
Thanks for the reply CallumPerry. If it wasn't for you replying to my threads no one would.

Here is my if statement

=IFERROR(IF(AND(AG$3=FALSE,MATCH(B9,Dashboard!$D$2:$D$150,0)), Dashboard!$M$4, "" ),"")

AG3 is where if it's under 2 matched back bets it's false but as soon as it goes over 2 it turns to true.

Dashboard!D2:D150 is where the name of the horse is located.

Dashboard!M4 is the back command.

I use 10 seconds for refresh time.

Thanks again
CallumPerry

Ok, so that is basically saying, "If there are less than 2 matches bets already and the name of the horse matches my selection criteria and M4 (BACK command) are all met then place a bet"?

If so, could the logic in M4 not be mutually exclusive? I'm going to assume and use a horse racing market in this example. 10 seconds later could it be possible that i.e. 7 horses ALL meet the cell M4 criteria and thus, in this example, 7 horses all get backed? Because the check for less than 2 matched bets isn't going to happen again for another 10 seconds maybe?

I'm just trying to breakdown your logic to pinpoint potential downfalls, you know what I mean? Sometimes I have something I think which is quite simple and then have to keep implementing a bunch of safety commands for different scenarios. Sounds like you may have something similar?
Ryan1uk

Cheers CallumPerry it means a lot you keep replying to my threads. BA should employ you as they are next to useless. If it was not for you helping me I would have never bought BA.

I think I have found a fix going to give it a try tomorrow.

Now just go to figure out why sometimes things are not displayed in the right rows like in my screenshots. Do you think that is to do with non-runners?
CallumPerry

Aha thank you mate, there are some very useful posters on here I promise. A lot of good people have given me some great advice over the last couple of years so don't be afraid to keep posting!

Good luck fixing the bug tomorrow!

Return to “Support”