Slow Guardian refresh rate (BetDAQ)

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
gubbinator500

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to a new laptop with Windows 10 on it. On my old laptop, running Windows 7, I regularly used BA for Betdaq and had no issues whatsoever. However, since the upgrade to the new laptop, I encountered a plethora of minor bugs, such as certain setting refusing to be saved.

However, this post is not about those minor bugs. This post is about a major bug in which the Guardian refresh rate does not update at all. No matter what setting I choose, the actual refresh rate is stuck at 5 s which is excruciatingly slow for the racing markets I normally run the automation on. Market refresh is restricted to plus minus 10 min of the scheduled start time, so a large number of loaded markets clogging the bandwith is not an issue. Furthermore, if I auto-switch the market to BA then it will refresh at the desired rate (200 ms), but only that market - the rest is stuck at refreshing once every 5 s. This also rules out the possibility of having my refresh rate curtailed by Betdaq.

Any thoughts or advice? I was very excited to finally upgrade my ancient laptop which just barely ran Excel automation, but now it seemingly all went down the pan :cry: .
Dallas

Nothing has been changed in the Betdaq version for years and its runs fine for everyone else so not sure why you are seeing so many issues

>setting refusing to be saved.

Are you saving the main settings after changing the refresh rate in Guardian or clicking the save button as you exit Guardian?

>No matter what setting I choose, the actual refresh rate is stuck at 5 s which is excruciatingly slow for the racing markets

Have you selected the refresh rate on the main banner as in the image below, which is at 200ms so updating 5 markets per second

Refresh.jpg

>Market refresh is restricted to plus minus 10 min of the scheduled start time, so a large number of loaded markets clogging the bandwith is not an issue

Have you unticked the 'Restrict Refresh' box

Restrict.jpg

>if I auto-switch the market to BA then it will refresh at the desired rate (200 ms), but only that market

Thats whats meant to happen, and has always been like that even in the BF version
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gubbinator500

Hi Dallas, thanks for the reply.

> Nothing has been changed in the Betdaq version for years and its runs fine for everyone else so not sure why you are seeing so many issues

My thoughts as well. The 1.28.2 version has been around for a while, and I had no issues with it on my old laptop.

> Are you saving the main settings after changing the refresh rate in Guardian or clicking the save button as you exit Guardian?

I think I described it the wrong way. I did not have issues saving the settings per se, but merely setting not being applied after making the change. For example, I unticked, the "Confirm removal of multiple markets in Guardian" and saved the settings, but Guardian was still prompting me to confirm market removal until I restarted my PC and, by proxy, BA.

> Have you selected the refresh rate on the main banner as in the image below, which is at 200ms so updating 5 markets per second

Yes I have, refresh rate is set to 200 ms.

> Have you unticked the 'Restrict Refresh' box

No, because I want to restrict refresh from -600 s to +600 s relative to the scheduled post time. However, this made me think so I made an experiment by unticking it, in which case the Guardian does its job just fine. So the issue seems to be with the "restrict refresh" option. However, unticking "restict refresh" does not work for me because I do not want to continuosly monitors some 200 markets that I load every day. I want to quickly refresh only those that are close to post time and ignore the rest.

> Thats whats meant to happen, and has always been like that even in the BF version

I understand that, I just mentioned it to demonstrate that the issue is not server-side, aka Betdaq throttling my connection.

[/quote]
gubbinator500

I contacted BetDAQ this morning and they confirmed no throttling/choking has been applied to my account. Then I dug out my old laptop and noticed the same issue appearing on it as well! This suggests that it is not an issue with my new laptop. On the other hand, I am positive the issue was not manifesting itself some 2 months ago as at that time I was regularly checking up on BA myself and never noticed anything out of the ordinary. Given the automation I was running, a 5 s delay in updating odds would stick out like a sore thumb.

I did several more experiements and here are the findings:

1) The issue only appears when "restrict refresh" is enabled.

2) The refresh rate is not stuck at 5 s per se. What actually happens is that Guardian waits for 5 s, refreshes the markets within the specified timeframe at the desired rate (200 ms) and then again does nothing for another 5 s. So the sequence is: wait 5 s -> refresh markets at 200 ms -> wait 5 s -> refresh markets at 200 ms -> wait 5 s etc.

3) The issue goes away if I drastically reduce the number of markets loaded in Guardian. If I load only 10 markets, everything works as intended. If I load 200 markets, Guardian chokes and inserts these 5 s delays between each refresh. Unfortunately, having to be present at the PC and load markets little by little defeats the whole purpose of automation.
Dallas

If you login with and use the factory default profiles does that make any difference?
gubbinator500

Hi, sorry for the late reply,. I logged in with the factory settings and it sadly made no diference. The only thing I noticed is that the delay I was describing is not always fixed. Sometimes it's 5 seconds, sometimes 2 or 3. I assume that has to do with the number of markets loaded into Guardian - the more the merrier.
Dallas

gubbinator500 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:45 pm
Hi, sorry for the late reply,. I logged in with the factory settings and it sadly made no diference. The only thing I noticed is that the delay I was describing is not always fixed. Sometimes it's 5 seconds, sometimes 2 or 3. I assume that has to do with the number of markets loaded into Guardian - the more the merrier.
Guardian cycles each market in guardian in turn depending on the refresh rate you have set
so if you have it set at 1 sec and 15 markets each one will get refreshed once every 15secs
if you have it set to 200ms each one will get refreshed once every 5secs
gubbinator500

Hi, finally got round to recording videos of the issue. Hope this explains the issue.

Guardian refreshing with few markets open. Everthing works just fine. Refresh is restricted to 5 markets at 200 ms, so each market refreshes once a second:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ag7rV ... sp=sharing

Guardian refreshing with many markets open (> 100). As above, refresh is restricted to 5 markets at 200 ms so one would expect them to also refresh once a second. However, that is not the case. Refreshing is sporadic and erratic, sometimes taking up to 5 s to refresh one market:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VzkoBY ... sp=sharing

Return to “Support”