Trying to lay a bet at a certain price and getting fully matched at the current price

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
tiberigc

Just downloaded BA professional and set it up.
Here is a log entry when I tried to play a lay amount on 3.9 price, but instead of the sum appearing next to price 3.9, it instantly got matched to the current price:

26-Aug-20 20:01:23: # 5.00 Lay bet placed on Night Moment at 3.9. Fully matched at 3.35.

Is there something I'm missing or is there something miss-configured?
I thought the behavior is that the amount will appear next to the price I chose to lay at and only if the amount drifts/drops to my price, it will get matched.
Dallas

This post explains
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11621
tiberigc

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:19 pm
This post explains
thank you for the reply Dallas but I don't think this is what I was looking for.
Basically I was just trying to place a sum in the market and wait for it to be matched, like PW does in his videos and it wasn't working.
It started working now without me doing anything in particular, I can now place amounts and cancel them without being automatically matched.
Dallas

tiberigc wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:36 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:19 pm
This post explains
thank you for the reply Dallas but I don't think this is what I was looking for.
Basically I was just trying to place a sum in the market and wait for it to be matched, like PW does in his videos and it wasn't working.
It started working now without me doing anything in particular, I can now place amounts and cancel them without being automatically matched.
If your backing at above odds or laying below odds than the current price you'll see the bet waiting as unmatched (untill the price moves to those odds it will then be matched).

In your OP the log said;
26-Aug-20 20:01:23: # 5.00 Lay bet placed on Night Moment at 3.9. Fully matched at 3.35.

So you placed your lay bet several ticks above the current odds so Betfair matched you at the better price of 3.35 which was avaliable, the link i posted was explaining how you can lay above the current price (or back below it) using triggered bets
tiberigc

Yess! Makes sense now, thanks for the explanation.
tiberigc

Alright, now I understood what is different.
In his videos, PW clicks on the 'red' column that has the amounts in it to lay a bet whilst I need to click on an empty space: https://i.imgur.com/RLDusCb.png
I have to click on empty field marked with 1 in the picture to get a lay bet properly. If I click on the amount like he does, I lay at below odds than current price.

Any idea how I can configure it to be the same as PWs?
Dallas

tiberigc wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:33 pm
Alright, now I understood what is different.
In his videos, PW clicks on the 'red' column that has the amounts in it to lay a bet whilst I need to click on an empty space: https://i.imgur.com/RLDusCb.png
I have to click on empty field marked with 1 in the picture to get a lay bet properly. If I click on the amount like he does, I lay at below odds than current price.

Any idea how I can configure it to be the same as PWs?
On the main banner in the 'Odds Display' option, set it to 'Reverse'
tiberigc

thank you, exactly what i was looking for :)

Return to “Support”