Bet angel sticking?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Human123

Past two days i have been trying to trade and then I have noticed the price not move for a few seconds then it returns by which time my position might very often go drastically against.

Anyone know why this is?
onemichael

I didn't notice anything yesterday however, today I am having nightmares. I just totally clean up my computer, when I logged back on I noticed your posting. It seams its not just me.

Any one have any answers. When I get down to the last 2/3 mins before the off it almost stops.
giulio2010

I had this problems many times in the past 3 weeks. I usually have betfair page open as well, if i clicked on refresh i can see the price moving but,when I use BA sometimes 2-3 minutes b4 the off the prices freeze. I am not using BA guardian anymore as well. After moaning about BA gaurdian not working correctly I have noticed something very bizarre which made me decide not to use it anymore. I had a little window opened to watch a football match online, when I moved that window on BA guardian the FOOTBALL WINDOW freeze instantly, as soon I moved the Window outside the BA guardian square the football match started to play correctly again...it`s all very strange..
onemichael

I Think I will give up for today, getting worse!
TheTub

It all looks ok to me.

What ISP are you? Maybe they are having troubles? I am on Virgin Media.

The only time I remember experiencing this myself was after a long session and using Excel heavily. Restarting the computer seemed to clear it up. Have you tried that?
giulio2010

TheTub wrote:It all looks ok to me.

What ISP are you? Maybe they are having troubles? I am on Virgin Media.

The only time I remember experiencing this myself was after a long session and using Excel heavily. Restarting the computer seemed to clear it up. Have you tried that?
I am on Fastweb fibre optic up to 100Mb. Is so fast that I can open a webpage just with my thought... :D :D .
I have quoted this problem to a friend of mine but, he will look at it in december.
mctash

I mentioned this happening here viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2715&start=40#p17046

I'm not sure if its been corrected in the latest release as i'm still using 1.25 as it doesn't do that freezing thing for me.
TheTub

giulio2010 wrote:I am on Fastweb fibre optic up to 100Mb.
This doesn't matter. It is not the bandwidth but the response times that we are interested in. Unless you download movies, watch television, play spotify, upload your photo collection, download a live news broadcast, transfer the contents of your hard disk back and forth to the cloud and so on all at the same time.

I have a 10Mb connection and see response times in the 30ms - 50ms range. Speedtest rates me at around 7Mb. Plenty.
Green Park

Flying along over here, no change from the usual.
Euler

We don't appear to be having an generic issues with so there must be some other reason. We have noticed a few people have modified the settings in the communications tool but overloaded the number of calls to Betfair. This will have the effect of stalling the price updates as the data usage charge limiter will just pause until it can catch up.

If you are seeing it stall this could be a likely cause. In which case its worth modifying these settings or setting it to factory default should correct his.
sportinwest

I have the same problem. Ba freezes for a second or two. It happens quite often

I have never modified the communications setting, and I am using ver. 1.26
BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hi All,

A request from support.

As we cannot replicate this and we currently see no issues can someone who is seeing this possibly provide the following:

1. Their location.
2. A video of the issue showing a couple of examples of the sticking together with the responsiveness figures at the bottom.
3) Please show the Communications page of the settings editor during the video so that we can how Bet Angel is tuned on your PC.

Also tell us if there is anybody else on the same home network and if you are using a wireless connection or not. Plus details of any other applications you have running.

Please send to [email protected]

Many thanks

Return to “Support”