Responsiveness Problem

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
grigsy

I have been using BA for 12 mths now with no problems, but since the new year, I have massive responsiveness issues. It updates, but not dynamically, just refreshing data every couple of seconds, no yellow, green or red flashes to indicate current price, and not enough to be able to trade.

No settings have changed that I am aware of and I have tried different connection modes and reset my modem and router (following the advice in the manual), but nothing seems to help.

The connection counter was between 1,000 and 3,000 the other day, around the 400 mark today, which was faster, but not enough to trade.

Does anyone know what might have happened? Please help, because this is causing me a massive problem and I am not the most technically astute. I have been unable to trade at all so far in 2011, and not because of the snow.
Dabbla

Hi
I have had a minor issue with responsiveness a good few times of late. I have canceled bets but as soon as i do they seem to be matched.Its as if the prices being shown are out of date. Althogh its only been since i upgradeed to window 7.
Also in the last 2 days my internet connection has faild (Sky)with has never happend before.

I did have somthing simular to your problem a few years back and i think it was virus screwing things up.Have you done a virus scan?
grigsy

I have done a virus scan and all clear. Thanks for input Dabbla, but problem persists. Anyone got any other ideas?
James1st

Check your ISP connection

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html

If ok, then disable virus checkers and retry

If ok, then disable Adobe Flash and retry

You can also try an older version of BA to see if it helps
gutuami

I had a similar issue two times. In first case it was the router. In the second it was ISP's fault. Try to test the application from other locations with the same ISP and with a different ISP.
grigsy

Speed test shows 0.8 mbps download, 0.5 mbps upload.

Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, etc, and it has definitely picked up, responsiveness now between 50 and 150, which is definitely tradeable (so long as it continues at that speed!).

Still no flashes of yellow, red or green though. Anyone?
SilentDave

silly question but have you got "highlight traded odds" checked?
grigsy

SilentDave wrote:silly question but have you got "highlight traded odds" checked?
Sometimes the silliest questions provide the best answers. How the hell did that get unchecked?
Euler

If you have post up what version you are using, which connection mode you are logged in on and what the connection mode tuner is set to. I can have a stab at helping you improve your connection.

Return to “Support”