Betfair set float price

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Euler

Well they are better value than they were but they are still not cheap.

Few insider purchases today, so they obviously think there is value in there.
PeterLe

Euler wrote:Well they are better value than they were but they are still not cheap.

Few insider purchases today, so they obviously think there is value in there.
At what price would you consider them to be good value..and how many would you need to be able to attend the shareholders annual meeting?
Thanks
Peter
Euler

A lot lower than the current price, but that's because I am used to buying value stocks. Betfair is valued as a hot technology stock and that makes it incredibly hard to value accurately as all the potential is in the growth which hasn't happened yet and is uncertain. I can't accurately make a judgement so I will pass on it as a true investment. From an investment perspective Betfair is a bit of a punt in my books.

You only need one share to become a shareholder and gain access to the AGM. Though broker fees etc would make a bigger number a more economic purchase.
Last edited by Euler on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeTiss

I wouldn't recommend BF shares to anyone

IMO they're a company in decline
andyfuller

Decent falls this afternoon - down 3.25% and now sitting at just 907p :!:
LeTiss

andyfuller wrote:Decent falls this afternoon - down 3.25% and now sitting at just 907p :!:
I think people have simply cottoned on Andy

BF are not growing outside of the UK in the way they had hoped.

It appears the company's growth is at the expense of their current customer base with a range of account charges. This will not continue forever!

I wouldn't be surprised if BF have actually folded in 10 years from now
andyfuller

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
andyfuller wrote:Decent falls this afternoon - down 3.25% and now sitting at just 907p :!:
They can't go on charging us more and more for the same thing - will have to end at some point.

See you at the job centre :o
oddstrader

andyfuller wrote:
LeTiss 4pm wrote:
They can't go on charging us more and more for the same thing - will have to end at some point.

See you at the job centre :o
The most frustrating point about all this for me is that Betdaq seem to have just given up,happy with their lot! and thats it,
could you imagine if betfair actually became customer focused and promoted people like us with loyalty incentives and proper support ..... Betdaq would be a distant memory !
PeterLe

Any other company would treat their best customers as key accounts and have regular account management and reviews...betfair seem to treat their best customers with excessive charges such as the PC charge.

If there were a viable alternative I and many others would simply switch in the same way you switch electricity suppliers for instance...the problem is, betfair have almost a monopoly...and I cant see it changing anytime soon??
Dobbin

Hi there

Unfortunately you are correct but we are also part of the problem

If we all ceased providing Betfair with liquidity for a month they would have to change.

We moan about it but are not pro-active about it.

Change will not come about if WE sustain the Staus Quo.

We are part of a Society that expects somebody else to change things whilst we just keep doing the same things in the same way.

If everyone switched to Betdaq there would be no problem with Liquidity would there :lol:

Just my thoughts
LeTiss

Dobbin,

I agree, but many people have expressed their huge disappointment at Betdaq on here - I'm one of them.

They seem happy with their lot. Betdaq are a very unambitious organisation who quite frankly don't want Betfair's business

I think Betfair's competition will ultimately arise from a bookmaker that changes it's activity. There were rumours that ToteSport might move away from their fixed odds business & become a state owned exchange. I'm not saying this will be good, but a company already known and trusted within the betting fraternity has the best chance of offering competition to BF IMO
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

From Racing Post

BETFAIR's share price continued its dive on Thursday, sinking to a new low of below 900p.

It has been a downward spiral since the shares hit a peak of 1610p and the latest slump to 898.5p came after Morgan Stanley, one of the investment bankers who headed Betfair's flotation under four months ago, downgraded its forecast for the betting exchange's financial performance over the next three years.

Betfair's six-month interim results disappointed the market, with racing and poker trading causing concern. The whiteout of the lucrative Christmas racing programme, which also hits bookmaker turnover, clearly added to investors' jitters as the share price dipped below 1000p for the first time.

There was a minor rally from Thursday''s lunchtime low of 887p to 898.5p, but it was still down 39p on the day, making it 73p in two days and over 36 per cent less than the launch price.

Morgan Stanley downgraded its earnings per share forecast for the years 2011-2013 by 21 per cent in the worst-case scenario, warning of the dangers posed to Betfair by new regulations, which it said could have "significant impact on the group's growth and profitability".

This still set a Betfair target price of 1400p to 1480p, which was lower than many other investment institutions, but not as low as UBS, who set a 1250p aim, while advising a sell of the stock.

A Betfair spokesman, not able to go into the specifics of recent trading conditions with the company's next results coming in April, said: "Analysts and commentators are clearly entitled to their views.

"We don't comment on speculation and are focused on the long-term valuation. We don't manage our business on short-term moves."
Corker

The market value has fallen £0.5bn since they listed.

Is it only me thinking that Betfair will increase charges to boost profits?
Dobbin

Yip

Doesn't look good

Matched on the 12:40 Lingfield

Betfair £19,021.00 at the moment

Betdaq £26,351.00 at the moment
andyfuller

The already have increased charges, the inactive account charge.

Seems they are continuing to fall today, down another 1.28% (11.5p) now at 887p won't be long at this rate till they have lost half of their value since floatation :o

Return to “Trading Financial markets”