Betfair set float price

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
hgodden

The talk of new charges doesnt look like its coming to anything....

Posted by Betfair's 'Community Manager' in response to the email someone had received about betfair looking at their pricing structure

"Hello all

Thanks for flagging this, and apologies that you received a reply that was erroneous.

I've had a message from the team that looks after this area, and they have asked me to pass on to you that you have received an 'auto reply' that was set up in 2008 and for some reason was loaded again recently in error.

Thanks to you highlighting it, we have been able to correct things and make sure that the auto reply e-mail is the current one, and not one that is nearing its third birthday!

So apologies and thanks again!"
hgodden

It's not all bad with betfair, they were clearly overpriced to begin with anyway so big falls like this are just natural. They might not be able to push a great deal of growth in the company but there's nothing to suggest it's actually in decline, racing volumes aside
LeTiss

hgodden wrote:It's not all bad with betfair, they were clearly overpriced to begin with anyway so big falls like this are just natural. They might not be able to push a great deal of growth in the company but there's nothing to suggest it's actually in decline, racing volumes aside
I disagree

They are not growing, that's fair enough.
Unfortunately, they refused to accept limited growth for period of time and have decided to cane their customers for extra money

They are in a service industry, and their customer service standards are grotesque. At some stage this will come back to haunt them

This is why I think Betfair's future is not at all rosy
andyfuller

Fall of 34.5p today (3.83%) now only 865.50p :!:

Not a clue what caused today's fall but it is a fairly big drop...anyone know?

Now down over 33% since floatation - ouch.
Dobbin

Hi Folks

Sounds like Poetic Justice to me

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/share_price ... symbol-BET

If they drop another 20% that will be the Share Price it is worth.

Massively over valued in the first place

Maybe they should put their customers first for a change

Dobbin
andyfuller

Just seen on Scott Ferguson's twitter feed that another Betfair ad has fallen foul of the ASA - probably part of the reason for the share price falling.

I agree that it still has some way to go though profits should be up this year due to the huge amounts of extra money the Cross Matching will be bringing in.

But there is only so much surely that they can keep taking from the customers, it isn't really a true new revenue area.
andyfuller

"For the second time this month, the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has upheld a number of complaints against an advertisement from leading online betting exchange Betfair, this time concerning a promotion which was found to have not been administered fairly.

After having one of its TV ads banned earlier this month by the ASA, this time the complaints surrounded an email and website promotion by Betfair."

Source: http://www.gamingintelligence.com/marke ... this-month

"Betfair received 10 complaints in total following an email detailing its ‘Happy Hour’ promotion and a 50% reload bonus advertised on its website. Two players complained after their happy hour bonuses were removed, while seven more had a similar complaint with regard to the reload bonus, and one was instructed to credit his account after taking advantage of the latter"

Source: http://www.egrmagazine.com/news/879747/ ... ults.thtml

Seems people are finding their voice....
Euler

Any spread betting companies that have a market on Betfair?
andyfuller

Betfair's share price up today :?
mulberryhawk

They are on CMC markets spread betting platform as of today I noticed.
PeterLe

Euler wrote:Any spread betting companies that have a market on Betfair?
Are you predicting up or down!
(I would have thought up with the move to Gib and no doubt they will have a great week this week??)
Thoughts??
Iron

Only marginally - the market hasn't really been going anywhere since the beginning of February.

Jeff
andyfuller wrote:Betfair's share price up today :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Iron

Capital Spreads are.

Are you going to short them? ;)

Jeff
Euler wrote:Any spread betting companies that have a market on Betfair?
andyfuller

Still dropping like a stone - new low and can't be long until it falls below 800p. Currently 812p :!:
Iron

Interesting - I wonder what's causing the fall...

Perhaps the market realise that, following recent legislation, Betfair aren't going to get a foothold in the US for years and years (if ever), and that's the only market that would offer the chance of significant expansion. Also, until there's an improvement in the economic situation in this country, Betfair's revenues can only go in direction...

Jeff
andyfuller wrote:Still dropping like a stone - new low and can't be long until it falls below 800p. Currently 812p :!:

Return to “Trading Financial markets”