Trading Financial markets : Eurozone debt crisis

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Euler

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Irish bond yield is sky rocketing at the moment. If this continues the Irish government is going to have problems.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=GIGB10YR:IND
Last edited by Euler on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leven

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:28 pm

I think they already have problems!

Iron

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:39 pm

...not to mention the German government! :)

I suspect that Jim Rogers is right about the Euro being doomed: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/h ... 745686.stm

Jeff
Euler wrote:Irish bond yield is sky rocketing at the moment. If this continues the Irish government is going to have problems.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=GIGB10YR:IND

andyfuller

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Been some good moves with RBS the last few days on the back of this, fell about 10% and risen back about 5%

andyfuller

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:52 pm

LATEST:Ireland is in preliminary talks with Eurozone officials for financial support, the BBC learns

Iron

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:55 pm

I bet Germany will end up feeling about the Euro the way Britain feel about bankers!

First, they bail out Greece. Now, it sounds like they're going to bail out Ireland! Who next?!?

Jeff
andyfuller wrote:LATEST:Ireland is in preliminary talks with Eurozone officials for financial support, the BBC learns

andyfuller

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:03 pm

This was published just 30mins before the BBC announcement:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... king2.html

hgodden

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:21 pm

It makes me laugh everyone always moaning about bankers and traders, yet no one ever talks about the world banks like the US federal reserve which basically lends countries billions it doesn't even have but just prints whenever it wants and rakes it in with the interest. In America alone over 99% of the 'money' doesn't even actually exist in paper form!

As for the problem with levels of personal debt, particularly in the UK, no one even mentions this anymore, its almost like there's been a media blackout on that issue ever since the credit crunch hit!

Iron

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:31 pm

It's easier to point the finger of blame at someone else than to face home truths. :)

Re: the Fed- If you're referring to QE2, I agree it's bad news. On a pedantic point, it doesn't use its printed money to lend money. It buys back its own bonds from the banks using money created ex nihilo - "out of nothing"! It's not for nothing that some people call QE a Ponzi scheme...

My main concern about QE2 is that it could lead to inflation as investors shun bonds and buy commodities like cotton or oil. If we get increased inflation in the UK, the Bank of England could be forced to raise interest rates to make our government bonds attractive to investors. In turn, that could mean the public have even less disposable income, and it could choke off the alleged recovery completely...

Jeff
hgodden wrote:It makes me laugh everyone always moaning about bankers and traders, yet no one ever talks about the world banks like the US federal reserve which basically lends countries billions it doesn't even have but just prints whenever it wants and rakes it in with the interest. In America alone over 99% of the 'money' doesn't even actually exist in paper form!

As for the problem with levels of personal debt, particularly in the UK, no one even mentions this anymore, its almost like there's been a media blackout on that issue ever since the credit crunch hit!

Return to “Trading Financial markets”

• Information