Eurozone debt crisis

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Iron

Out. 100%. No question.

We pay billions of pounds a year to an organisation that gives us a few left wing laws in return and naff all else...

Jeff
Groovyelms wrote:Hi all in the UK

How do you think you would vote? if a referendum on leaving the EU were put on the table right now?

just curious Groovy :?
superfrank

Ferru123 wrote:Out. 100%. No question.

We pay billions of pounds a year to an organisation that gives us a few left wing laws in return and naff all else...

Jeff
we also get unlimited immigration from anyone holding an EU member state passport... cheap labour may be convenient for some businesses, but all these people require schools for their children, hospital care, benefits, housing, social services, transport, policing, prisons etc., etc.

net benefit, nil, or more likely negative.

and on that basis, i'm out!
Iron

superfrank wrote: we also get unlimited immigration from anyone holding an EU member state passport... cheap labour may be convenient for some businesses, but all these people require schools for their children, hospital care, benefits, housing, transport, policing, prisons etc., etc.

Not only that, but we have to pay benefits to British citizens who are out of work partly because many of the jobs are taken by migrants.

I don't accept the lazy stereotype that they merely take jobs that British people are unwilling to take. Many British people would jump at the chance to work, even if it's to do a menial job. And as for those who don't, that's nothing that tightening up the dole system to prevent abuse by workshy scroungers won't fix...

Jeff
superfrank

Ferru123 wrote:I don't accept the lazy stereotype that they merely take jobs that British people are unwilling to take. Many British people would jump at the chance to work, even if it's to do a menial job. And as for those who don't, that's nothing that tightening up the dole system to prevent abuse by workshy scroungers won't fix...
+1
Euler

superfrank

Euler wrote:This is a good read: -

http://www.scribd.com/doc/113621307/Kyle-Bass
yeah a good read, and people think i'm mad when i say that hyperinflation is a possibility!
giulio2010

superfrank wrote:
Euler wrote:This is a good read: -

http://www.scribd.com/doc/113621307/Kyle-Bass
yeah a good read, and people think i'm mad when i say that hyperinflation is a possibility!
It took me almost an hour to read all. :D ..good read indeed...
What's the solution then? Politicians don't like those reports so they will ignore the reality for ever..Romans also faced ecomomic crisis, they also had the housing boost and therefore the collapse of it but back then, they used to invade new areas or make deals with neighbour civilization to reboost the economy..We did not find Extraterrestrial life yet so we cannot invade mars to boost our economy. Is WAR the real and only solution to it? and where? Iran? Pakistan? Israel?
staker72

IN, Yes there's a lot of things need sorting out in the EU and it's hard to guess how things would have worked out if we wrn't in it but I doubt if we'd be amongst the highest earning and strongest economies in the world without it. Possibly the ideal is to beenfit and push for 'common markets' and standards which has done so much to benefit this country and pehaps we should have kept some opt outs but to relinquish those was a British decision.
Iron

Deal reached on Greece.

I think Zerohedge hits the nail on the head - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-2 ... p-124-2020
giulio2010

Italy PM Mario Monti announces plan to resign.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20656173
Already tomorrow may occur with the first effects. The truth is at the end of December, the government will fall and will be announced the elections day due at the end of FEB 2013. The other truth what the newspapers do not tell is that no party wants to take LIABILITY to govern. No-one want win the election ( except M5S) , most alternatives have many convicted of fraud in their lists ( except M5S) and we Italians are desperate cause we can not find a way out. The parties will receive refunds after the elections, with tax money (except M5S) and Europe will send another banker here to rob us of our possessions. If this scenario were to happen, people will rebel this time, also because the majority would vote for the real alternative to all this ( the M5S), but the president Napolitano, the political parties ( Berlusconi, Bersani, Casini) and Mario Monti will do everything to discredit this new movement and will find the way to rig the votes.
We are in a position of no return and I expect drastic changes, positive or negative, but all this rotten, political partys and euro must end..
giulio2010

giulio2010 wrote:Already tomorrow may occur with the first effects
The farcical Monti-effect
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Iron

How Greek GDP needs to grow for the targets to be hit: http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/ ... %20GDP.jpg

Piece of cake! :lol:
superfrank

Threat to euro overcome, says Commission President Barroso
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20937505
Mr Barroso said the turning point was last September's promise from the European Central Bank to buy unlimited amounts of eurozone states' debts.
:shock:
"The credibility of a currency depends on the soundness of the institutions behind it," Mr Barroso said, adding that political union was a "necessity".
Euler

Amazing to see how far bond yields have fallen. The markets seem to think the worst is over.
superfrank

Euler wrote:Amazing to see how far bond yields have fallen. The markets seem to think the worst is over.
the fall in bond yields might normally indicate that, but it's got much more to do with the ECB committing to buy "unlimited" amounts of EZ debt which has forced down the yields. Trader's never want to oppose central bank policy (don't fight the FED, as the saying goes in the US).

good for the periphery countries in the short-term, but the bond bubble continues. without bond buying by central banks with printed money where would those yields be? i.e. if they reflected true sovereign credit risk.

Return to “Trading Financial markets”