IG Index

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Euler

IG Group Holdings plc (the "Group") has benefited from record levels of client activity in the recent market volatility, despite it being holiday season in the majority of the countries in which the Group operates. As a result, the Group currently expects that it will achieve revenues in excess of £94m for the quarter ending 31 August 2011, compared to £79.1m in the corresponding period in the prior year. This would represent growth of at least 19%. Costs have been in line with management's expectations.

The Group's credit management processes have proved robust and it is anticipated that the doubtful debt charge for the quarter will be less than 1% of revenues for the quarter.
superfrank

They must have cleaned up on any unhedged stock markets positions over the last few weeks. I once did a market research evening for them and someone told me that something like 95% of stock market index bets are buys.
cloud88111

That's good to know. I just interviewed for a job with them.
superfrank

cloud88111 wrote:That's good to know. I just interviewed for a job with them.
What kind of job? I thought about it recently.
cloud88111

superfrank wrote:
What kind of job? I thought about it recently.
I'm fairly young with one previous job in a completely different sector so it's an entry level job in trading services. They seem like one of the best companies around though so I'll be chuffed if I get it. I would recommend them if you're looking for a job.
superfrank

cloud88111 wrote:I'm fairly young with one previous job in a completely different sector so it's an entry level job in trading services. They seem like one of the best companies around though so I'll be chuffed if I get it. I would recommend them if you're looking for a job.
That's the one!
andyfuller

Can I ask why you have gone down the route of going to work for a company rather than trading for yourself? Are you currently full time on Betfair?
cloud88111

andyfuller wrote:
Can I ask why you have gone down the route of going to work for a company rather than trading for yourself? Are you currently full time on Betfair?
To be honest I have never been a full time trader. I came out of uni with no money went straight into the army where I couldn't really trade and left them a few months ago. I love trading but I can't make a career of it at the moment.

I just got the word that I got the job though so I'm over the moon about it.
andyfuller

Congratulations on getting the job!

If you are willing to share, what kind of things did they ask/were they interested in? Obviously not having a trading background didn't matter as you got the job.

How old are you? I am 29 and always thought I was too old to get a trading type job as they always seem to want people straight out of uni.

Interesting to hear you have a military background as I have a bit of one myself. Did you go to Sandhurst after Uni?
cloud88111

Thanks very much I'm really pleased.

With the military background I did go to sandhurst after uni but I left during the course as I found myself not enjoying it and thought I'd get out before my lack of commitment got somebody killed.

I'm 22 at the moment and I know they have a lot of young people there but I doubt they would ignore somebody bit older without better reason.

I'm not sure what I would be allowed to divulge but it consisted of 2 stages; a testing stage and then the interview. I have a little on my CV about trading including a fairly good side project that always attracts attention in interviews. I can't say exactly what experience they want you to have but I can imagine any amount is welcome.
superfrank

well done and good luck.
Euler

IG Group Holdings plc (the "Group") issues the following trading update in respect of its first half ending 30 November 2011.

Following on from a strong first quarter, the Group has continued to experience high levels of client activity during the second quarter of its financial year. As a result, the Group currently expects that it will achieve revenues in excess of £193.0m for the first half, compared to £156.7m in the corresponding period for the prior year. This would represent growth of at least 23%. Costs have been in line with management's expectations.

The Group will issue a more detailed trading statement on Tuesday 13 December 2011 for the period ending 30 November 2011.
Euler

andyfuller

They are launching a new bit to their trading software called Insight in a couple of weeks.

They have been showing it briefly in a few of the past few weekly seminars, thought I would try just copying the web address David Jones had in his browser when showing it and it seems to allow you access.

If you fancy a look log into your account then go to:

https://marketanalysis.igindex.co.uk/marketanalysis/

Should then load up, find it odd so many people are long the banks:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superfrank

just had a look around.

i like that you can see what % clients have positions on each market - maybe a good contrary indicator?!

Return to “Trading Financial markets”