The Bottom Line - Futurology for Business

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
andyfuller

This radio 4 series is always worth a listen. The most recent one features Jim Rogers:

Futurology for Business

Duration: 30 minutes
First broadcast: Thursday 11 July 2013
Predicting the future is a skill that can earn investors and businesses a fortune - but get it wrong and disaster looms. In sectors like energy and technology planning decades ahead is an absolute necessity - but how can CEOs know what the world will look like in 2030 and how do they persuade shareholders and staff to come along for the ride? Evan Davis meets three business leaders who are placing massive bets on the future of farming, biomass fuel and the creation of a hyper-connected global society and finds out about timing, balancing risk and holding your nerve.

Also, the view from America, Sweden and the UK on corporate tax is discussed.

Guests:
Dorothy Thompson, CEO, Drax
Hans Vestberg, CEO, Ericsson
Jim Rogers, investor

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b036ky04
switesh

Thanks for posting it Andy.

The presenter is the same guy I saw in Dragon's Den UK. Great show. Just the other day I was doing sample business plans and Balance Sheets out of personal interest. haaa...

I'm tuned in to the program right now and trading at the same time :)
switesh

Hans Vestberg had the best comment to offer for forecasting technological changes toward the end of the program:
We've always overestimated short-term, how quick technology will impact. We've always underestimated how big it will be in long-term.

Return to “Trading Financial markets”